Rear Bumper Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a '14 Express and yesterday I picked it up from the dealership after having them replace the rear bumper. They told me they not only put on a brand new bumper but also new brackets. They fit it horribly...two finer gap on one side and 1 finger gap on the other. It also appears to be at an angle with the passenger side being further out from the tailgate than the drivers side. Is there a possibility they installed brackets wrong? Or is it just a poor fitting new bumper? If so how can this be fixed? It almost looks like there are metal spacers/shims on the brackets, could these be adjusted or more added? Just trying to figure out what the issue could be before going back Monday morning to tell them the $900 job they did sucks.

Medic_cop15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I'd just take it back lol. Why fiddle with it? Let them fix their crap job

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm hoping they will for free, I'm nervous they'll try to make me pay since I paid already and drove it off the lot.

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First pic is left side of tailgate, 2nd is right side...quarter is under the tailgate on the first pic and fully visible in second.

Attachments

• IMG_3493.jpg
    IMG_3493.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3494.jpg
    IMG_3494.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 107

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
I would take it back sooner rather than later as they should stand by their work, especially customer paid work you paid a premium for.

While you are entitled to be a little miffed, I would be cool, calm and collective when you take it in an show it to the service adviser. That will probably get it fixed quicker than a ranting even though it would be justified.

Last edited:

perk7089

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I agree! Take it back & tell them make it right for free!! If not put bad reviews all over the Internet to let everyone else know what assholes they are!! Good luck

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is going back first thing in the morning. I'm always civil about stuff until I'm given a reason not to be. I'm hopeful they fix it for free and do it quickly since I have another shop doing a matte black vinyl wrap, audio stuff, leather interior, and other things next week. My guess would be putting in shims should take no longer than 2-3 hours tops. If they choose to not fix it for free I'll just inform them there are 4 other Ram dealerships in driving distance and they'll never get a penny from me again...somehow that usually helps persuade people to do things.

OP
OP
RAMblin1217

RAMblin1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just dropped it off and the body shop manager said they'll fix it for free. He told me he doesn't like that the tech used the shims in the first place and also that the bumper really doesn't have much space to be adjusted. He made it sound like they'll try as many options they can to fix it, I guess I'll find out later.