Replacing center panel of power sliding rear window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loopless

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2013 Outdoorsman with the power sliding rear window. In a random act of my stupidity the center panel only (ie. the sliding part) was broken.

Contrary to what many people say, you can buy the center panel as a separate part (68054780AA) for about $125. However, my parts supplier is saying I have to buy a complete motor/cable assembly as well. I see two problems with this
- Extra cost ( $82)
- This suggests that the install goes from simply replacing the glass ( as seen on YouTube) to hard ( replacing the motor assembly as well)

Anyone got some comments?

Thanks for any help!

OP
OP
L

loopless

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IN case anyone gets here via Mr. Google I managed to replace the power slider glass. For my model year it is true you need to replace the motor assembly if you can't find the 68054780AA part, and need the updated part. However I did find the original part ( only 8 left in the US) and replacement was very easy. So don't listen to the auto glass people who try to tell you you need to replace the whole rear window - that's a lie!