Security License Plate Screws

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craw

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Does anyone know how a place I can buy some screws that are security but the bit set isn't sold at Walmart. Any 5 or 6 lobe, 2 hole, star wrench with an island screws can be bought at Walmart. I have found companies that make custom keyed screws, 3-4 hole screws, 7 lobe screws that would be great but they only sell in bulk go figure. I want to install a back-up camera and it goes on the license plate on the top so I rather not give someone another reason to take my camera because I am using Phillips or flat head screws.

Thanks guys.

BigDogg795

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know how a place I can buy some screws that are security but the bit set isn't sold at Walmart. Any 5 or 6 lobe, 2 hole, star wrench with an island screws can be bought at Walmart. I have found companies that make custom keyed screws, 3-4 hole screws, 7 lobe screws that would be great but they only sell in bulk go figure. I want to install a back-up camera and it goes on the license plate on the top so I rather not give someone another reason to take my camera because I am using Phillips or flat head screws.

Thanks guys.

Picked mine up from Lowes in the speciality hardware. Did the same thing for my external EZ Pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
You would have to have something custom made. You can buy security bit kits that have every security pattern available (I have two sets) on Amazon.
I started using security torx bits after having two plates stolen in Detroit. Haven't lost one since.

Cummins Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Our local Ace Hardware here has a bunch of different variations of security screws. Usually, they had the correct bits right along there with the screws. The ones I use have basically a flat head with two small holes in it that the special bit fits in. Not impossible for a dirt-bag to get one of the bits himself but most of them probably only carry a regular screwdriver so they'll pass on mine and go on to the next one.

OP
OP
Craw

Craw

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Update: Google Key-Rex.... awesome product but $100 dollar minimum so not happening. Check McMaster, its the standard Amazon security screws sadly : /. Cool site though!