Tonneau cover. Any sugestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlehr75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Looking for a good locking tonneau cover any body got one they are really happy with?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sandhill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interested in this as well. I'm looking at an Undercover LUX.

Had an A.R.E on my Ford, but never was really happy with it due to how it fit (may have been the installers fault) and the edge stuff that fell off after a few years.

pkrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
I looked into the flip back ones and although nice and less expensive I went with the Retrack one. I like the fact that I can roll it back a lot further to get my items in but yet secure what I need in the bed. Mine also does not leak, but then again mine is only 2 months old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CostaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I installed a BackFlip MX4 a few weeks ago, happy with it so far.
It took me a month until it was shipped and TonneauFactoryOutlet was pointing at BackFlip, but the Bed extender and BackStep from AMP was delayed a month as well ...
Chris

daggertats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 ram reg cab 4x4
Engine
i got the undercover lux. i also had the regular undercover on a different truck. i love em cause they way alot less than the fiberglass ones and they remove easy if you need to haul large items

badtothebone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a BackFlip MX4, and very happy with it. Considering Mopar bed extender, anyone using this combo? Would it work, or extender and MX4 would "interfere" with each other?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

eaglefrq

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an Extang Trifecta tri fold...it's awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a nice looking cover. The only thing I don't like about that one is, the directions state if you have bed caps, you have to trim them so the clamp contacts the metal underneath.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the Bakflip G2 hard tri-fold on my old truck & was very happy with it.

It was secure in that you had to open to tailgate in order to unlatch it. It didn't have it's own dedicated locking system.

On my new Ram, I went for a change & opted for the RetraxOne MX retractable tonneau cover. The MX designation was the matte finish versus the regular gloss finish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTMSuYcRrCA

RDHemi16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Joeygster, since you have had both, which one of these covers is more watertight? The Bakflip or the RetraxOne. I live in Florida where the rain is daily in the summer, so trying to find the most water proof and secure cover I can find.

07MegaCabRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I just bought a bak flip G2 used. After 4-5 years old, still looks new. can't say that from those soft tri-folds. One road trip and it was wind damaged!

Hate to send $800 on a hard cover, but if you spend $200.. you're most likely not going to be happy with it in a year... I sure wasn't.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Bakflip ftw. I have a G2 I bought used with a Bak box and love it looks good functions great you can have full bed access with it and it's secure. I had a tonnopro tri fold I liked alot but was kinda ugly stuck up above the bed, best case you had 66% of the bed unless you remove it witch doesn't take long but knife would of cut through it like butter so wasn't real secure.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Very nice.

grandslam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My bakflip F1 is two years old and not holding up well. Faded really bad, the seals are super worn and the covers over the open cables are falling off.

spencer1122

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My bakflip F1 is two years old and not holding up well. Faded really bad, the seals are super worn and the covers over the open cables are falling off.

i had a bakflip HD. noticed the same thing with the cable cover underneath coming apart. also mine had no clips to hold it down if you want it partially open when driving. mine did not fade at all though and seals were still good after 2 years.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Joeygster, since you have had both, which one of these covers is more watertight? The Bakflip or the RetraxOne. I live in Florida where the rain is daily in the summer, so trying to find the most water proof and secure cover I can find.

Both do a good job of keeping the water out. The weak point for water getting in is on the Ram's tailgate sides & bottom. The tailgate topper is also an area where water can pool because of its spoiler like shape.

The way I rectified the tailgate issue was with a tailgate seal. There are a few of them on the market & I think they all work just as well as the other. I went with one from Extang.

https://www.amazon.ca/Extang-1140-MaxSeal-Tailgate-Seal/dp/B000CN5QG8