Tow mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramtruck88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys, I purchased a set of tow mirrors for my 13 ram 1500 and after swapping them I got the check engine light on and -40 on the temp. After a little research I found that the ambient temp sensor in the driver side mirror is the prob. I'm using 2012 mirrors which don't come with the sensor. I read a few threads saying you can remove the sensor from the stock ones and wire the sensor and just leave it in the door to fix the prob but no how to instructions. Can anyone help? I really like the tow mirrors and don't want to have to send them back.
Thanks in advance!

GoatRider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 4.7
That's the only thing keeping me from buying some. I have an slt and the only options i need are temp sensor and power adjust.
Commenting to stay up to date.

2013 Ram
4.7L v8
K&N filter
Flowmaster 40
IG- the_sneauxman

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I dont know about adapting older mirrors but that is your problem entirely. My brother just had his sensor go bad recently, he replaced it and hasnt had an issue since. The 2012 mirrors dont have it so you would either need to get correct model year mirrors or get a wiring diagram and figure out which wires you need to fabricobble and where you want to mount it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Use the search function - topic has been covered quite a bit. I highly recommend just getting mirrors from 1A Auto.com - they're great quality, no vibration issues and their customer service is great. You'll continue to get the error message and wrong outside temp until you change the mirrors to 2013+ mirrors.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990