What step rail to go with?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hockeyhead019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Hey guys,

New Ram 1500 owner here, coming from the land of Jeeps so I don't know much about step rails, what's good and what isn't or if it matters at all lol

Westin Pro Traxx 4" Oval Nerf Bars - FREE SHIPPING

This is the set I found because the price was right. Would hate to have to replace them because they're garbage though.

Input is welcome!

EDIT: Looking for something budget friendly, no more than $400 or so.

Cheers

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The minute I catch a good autoanything coupon I'm snaggin me a set of Westin HDX steps.

OP
OP
H

hockeyhead019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
any reason for the hdx instead of the nerf bar?

OP
OP
H

hockeyhead019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
The Amps are cool looking but 8x more expensive haha they're nice, but not that nice

Big_W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L v8
Hey guys,

New Ram 1500 owner here, coming from the land of Jeeps so I don't know much about step rails, what's good and what isn't or if it matters at all lol

Westin Pro Traxx 4" Oval Nerf Bars - FREE SHIPPING

This is the set I found because the price was right. Would hate to have to replace them because they're garbage though.

Input is welcome!

EDIT: Looking for something budget friendly, no more than $400 or so.

Cheers

I like the Mopar wheel-to-wheel steps...I'm sure the Westin steps are sturdy, but The Mopar ones came on my '14 Laramie, and I was happy with the look/quality, so I just put them on my '17 Big Horn...

Personally, I'm not sure I like the idea of having something basically run the full length of the cab with only 2 small places to step (not that you would probably need to step anywhere else - I'm 6'10" tall, so the more space the better...always).

The only consistent issue I've sent from people re: the Mopar ones is the distance from the body & how that can affect the 'look' of their lift...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro