Windshield is a rock magnet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500 express crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
I've driven for over 10 years and never been hit with so many rocks in my life. This windshield has a bunch of rock chips within 5000 miles and I have a feeling a replacement windshield is gonna happen one day. Anyone else notice that this truck takes more hits to the windshield than other vehicles. I'm shocked cause I don't tailgate and it's coming from smaller vehicles not semi trucks. Am I just unlucky?

Last edited:

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I feel you pain :O My windshields on my RAM and HR have tiny chips and sand blast look to them,, In Maine they you sand the size of small boulders to sand the roads with :crazy: SO if you in the Salt Belt I would say it is what they sand with, they do very little screening and just load and go,

OP
OP
M

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah I'm from Long Island ny

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol....I TOTALLY agree! I've saying this for the last 3 yrs. I had a 2014 Sport that got nailed quite a few times where a couple had to be repaired by Safelite. Now I have a 2016 Rebel with about 5,000 miles and I just had the damn windshield replaced due to a crack that went to the edge before Safelite was opened for business. If you knew me, then you would know that I do not tailgate at all....to avoid rock chips actually!...lol. Most of my chips are coming form the vehicles to my sides while on the interstates. It seems like the windshield is just another place where they cheaped out to save more $ on the bottom line. I drove my F150 on the exact same commute for yrs and only got one chip and it didn't even need to be repaired.

cyclepuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 Mega
Engine
On my second windshield in 2.5 years and it got a chip within two weeks of it being installed.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

BAMF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Knock on wood but I had much more rock problems with my Silverado

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Lol....I TOTALLY agree! I've saying this for the last 3 yrs. I had a 2014 Sport that got nailed quite a few times where a couple had to be repaired by Safelite. Now I have a 2016 Rebel with about 5,000 miles and I just had the damn windshield replaced due to a crack that went to the edge before Safelite was opened for business. If you knew me, then you would know that I do not tailgate at all....to avoid rock chips actually!...lol. Most of my chips are coming form the vehicles to my sides while on the interstates. It seems like the windshield is just another place where they cheaped out to save more $ on the bottom line. I drove my F150 on the exact same commute for yrs and only got one chip and it didn't even need to be repaired.

YEAH!!! Its always the cars next to me and not directly in my lane. I had a jeep grand cherokee before this and maybe had 3-4 rocks hit it in the 8 years i had it. I 've already had that many rocks hit the ram in the 8 months of having it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990