115v Power inverter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sultan25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2015 Ram Express did not come with a dash mounted power inverter. I'd like to add one so I have two questions: Does know of a source to order one online? And once I find one, is it plug and play or does additional wiring need to be done? (Basically, is the truck prewired for it?)

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The factory inverter mounts under the passenger seat. Even if you have all the other wiring (unlikely) you'll still need to fab a custom harness or buy a seat harness that has the inverter connection. Several guys have gutted the dash socket and soldered it to an extension cord they cut the female end off of. Then they just run that to an aftermarket inverter that they hide somewhere.

JesterTA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Express
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My 2015 Ram Express did not come with a dash mounted power inverter. I'd like to add one so I have two questions: Does know of a source to order one online? And once I find one, is it plug and play or does additional wiring need to be done? (Basically, is the truck prewired for it?)
I just bought a aftermarket converter and mounted under the seat. Since then I haven't really used it.