Adding Laramie Door panels to Express

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mdxers11

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Flame Red
Engine
5.7 hemi
I am adding black leather laramie door panels to my express. Gonna upgrade the speakers while I am doing it. Is there anything I should or need to add while I am doing this?? Besides the new larger handle bezels and chrome handles on the inside. Any different wiring? Thanks!!

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One thing I recommend is don't try to remove the factory black interior door handles. It is extremely easy to break the plastic clips that hold them in. If you look closely you will notice that the black door handles are actually a two pice design. Just remove the black cover off of your door handles and remove the chrome handles off of the chrome handles and switch them. The Laramie door panels also have a small LED light that illuminates the door handle. Your truck will not have the correct wiring for this but everything else should be the same.

mcaligiuri

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram 1500 express crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi
I just did the swap on my express to sport panels. I left the black door handle and think it looks nice. Im not a chrome guy so it makes it look sportier imo.

OP
OP
M

mdxers11

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Flame Red
Engine
5.7 hemi
One thing I recommend is don't try to remove the factory black interior door handles. It is extremely easy to break the plastic clips that hold them in. If you look closely you will notice that the black door handles are actually a two pice design. Just remove the black cover off of your door handles and remove the chrome handles off of the chrome handles and switch them. The Laramie door panels also have a small LED light that illuminates the door handle. Your truck will not have the correct wiring for this but everything else should be the same.

Thanks. I found the wiring mock up later on down in this section for the LED courtesy lights. I am going to try that.

DeereGuy

Preferred Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks. I found the wiring mock up later on down in this section for the LED courtesy lights. I am going to try that.

It will be interesting to see if your door controllers actual supply power for the leds. I've posted of my woes trying to get the leds to work in my 2016 tradesman. There is a whole thread about getting the lights to work. If you haven't found it yet it is a good read. I also figured out this weekend that the wiring does not exist in the back doors for my truck. I just put the panels on for now and will revisit the lighting at a later date.

I changed to the chrome handles using Rick's method. It took patience to get the chrome handle covers off of the door handles without breaking them, but I succeeded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

mdxers11

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express Flame Red
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yes, I read your woes in that thread. I am gonna skip the custom harness mod that you tried and just try to pin into the two spaces in the door module and see what comes up.

On another note, since I have a quad cab, I cannot find any nice looking door panels for the rear doors other than the two tone gray for quad cab. perhaps a custom insert or something later on down the road....

Rth_2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got the panels in today I will be installing them in a 2012 slt how can I get all of the leds to work in them

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I just did the swap on my express to sport panels. I left the black door handle and think it looks nice. Im not a chrome guy so it makes it look sportier imo.
Can you post a picture of the sport panels in your truck?

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
How is this panel different than the express??

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
How is this panel different than the express??

[emoji1787]. My express panels look like something out of a 1998 corolla. They are ugly, hard plastic and honestly don’t belong in a vehicle post 2000. I hate my doors. Nothing soft on them.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
[emoji1787]. My express panels look like something out of a 1998 corolla. They are ugly, hard plastic and honestly don’t belong in a vehicle post 2000. I hate my doors. Nothing soft on them.

bang on description. cheap pieces of crap and mine keep managing to get scrapes or rubs on the surface through the colour. junk. truck is 5 months old and you'd never know it by the panels.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
bang on description. cheap pieces of crap and mine keep managing to get scrapes or rubs on the surface through the colour. junk. truck is 5 months old and you'd never know it by the panels.

Get Mother’s protectant spray. After a few applications it’ll soak into it. My truck has 50000 k and 2 years old. the inside looks brand new and not exaggerating lol. Albeit I’m very careful but the Mother’s saves my interior.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Get Mother’s protectant spray. After a few applications it’ll soak into it. My truck has 50000 k and 2 years old. the inside looks brand new and not exaggerating lol. Albeit I’m very careful but the Mother’s saves my interior.

thx for the tip. I'll try to find it today!

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

as luck would have it found it for 15% off at my go to place for this stuff and just did my truck. quick and easy and i like it's not greasy like Armour All can be. Looks a lot better! thanks again.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
as luck would have it found it for 15% off at my go to place for this stuff and just did my truck. quick and easy and i like it's not greasy like Armour All can be. Looks a lot better! thanks again.

No worries! If you go over it with a dry microfibre cloth it’ll pick up the left over dust and and give it a more finished look. After a few applications you’ll notice the plastic won’t scuff as easy and it’ll have a darker richer look. You don’t need a lot and try not to apply when it’s too hot and sunny. I find it likes to sit. In the heat I find it dries before it affects the surface.

In between applications you can keep the interior dust free with those swifter dust pads meant for the mop. You can get the no name ones at Walmart I believe and maybe dollar store.

As for the vents I put Mother’s on a cloth and put it over a flathead screw driver and carefully get it into the vents

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
good tips, thank you! i did 2 coatings some hours apart. I really like it.