Cabin Lights - Rear Doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wasn’t able to find this through search.

When you open the rear doors, do the interior lights come on? Right now, the lights only come on when I open the front doors, making it difficult to load cargo in the back.

Thanks

ckeefer58

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yep they should definitely come on. Do they not come on for both rear doors or only one?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Salsa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine come on with just the rear doors. Have checked the position of the roller switches on the dash to see if that's an issue?

OP
OP
JPT

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My inside lights come on when you unlock the doors. After they shut off, the interior lights only come on when you open the front doors.

I don’t believe it is a illuminating dial setting, because the front doors trigger the interior lights.

Thanks

EDIT: Just checked. The passenger side rear door triggers the lights, the passenger side doesn’t.

Last edited:

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I've had a couple rangers that the interior lights wouldn't go off with the doors shut. The switch is built into the latch. I sprayed it with WD-40 and used a screw driver in place of the latch post to close it (or I would have to open and close the door a hundred times) and opened with the handle and resprayed it and it freed up and let the light go out. Maybe the ram is the same and the switch is stuck not letting the light come on? Or its bad? These are my best 2 guesses.

OP
OP
JPT

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks.

I had some body work done on that side, the shop is going to open it back up and check if the harness wasn’t reconnected, or we will replace the switch while it is open.

ckeefer58

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yeah the harness can be an issue on the rear doors. Does the lock in that door work?

Salsa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've had a couple rangers that the interior lights wouldn't go off with the doors shut. The switch is built into the latch. I sprayed it with WD-40 and used a screw driver in place of the latch post to close it (or I would have to open and close the door a hundred times) and opened with the handle and resprayed it and it freed up and let the light go out. Maybe the ram is the same and the switch is stuck not letting the light come on? Or its bad? These are my best 2 guesses.

I had the same thing happen to me. That's when I realized that when I turned on the headlights (rotary dial) that I bumped the dimmer switch just below it enough to turn them on all the time. I turned the dial back a hair and all was fixed.

OP
OP
JPT

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah the harness can be an issue on the rear doors. Does the lock in that door work?

Yes, everything works except the lights don’t come on for that door only.

akennedyusmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This same problem I had in my 08. Passenger rear door wouldn't get power for window, or trigger lights to go on. Turned out the wire harness had a couple wires that came undone. All I had to do was solder them back together.
Hopefully that's not the same scenario since yours is only a '15 lol just something else to check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk