Have you seen this before? Pollen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought my truck used and when it gets hot, it smells like the PO was a smoker. Can't confirm that though. While washing today, I washed off this yellow stuff from the interior window seals, but only on the rear doors, both sides. I noticed it through the tinted windows, but after seeing with no filter, more than I expected.

Is this smoke residue? Pollen? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. bae1ae8443d034538cb6ba9a68e6782e.jpg
d754139f0887d88ef1f1c88b1fa4dc6f.jpg

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Smoke residue is yellow to brown and pollen is more greenish, that there looks like strait mud, but it could be anything, how hard is it to remove?

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
I cannot confirm what the residue is, have you tried rubbing alcohol to remove a small portion? When I used to detail cars I had an odor fogging machine, it would penetrate the seats, headliner and behind the dash to remove the odors. I have recommended products similar to this for my previous customers.
Dakota OBNA-5 Bomb/Car Odor Eliminator Neutral Air https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006T1RBGA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_dyNRzbSVJ4PFB

It also removes the musty smell from pollen, which typically comes from vents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
HowBoutDemPhillies
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Smoke residue is yellow to brown and pollen is more greenish, that there looks like strait mud, but it could be anything, how hard is it to remove?
This stuff is yellow I would guess and came off with a little scrubbing, not too bad. It is a bit sticky coming off.

OP
OP
HowBoutDemPhillies
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I cannot confirm what the residue is, have you tried rubbing alcohol to remove a small portion? When I used to detail cars I had an odor fogging machine, it would penetrate the seats, headliner and behind the dash to remove the odors. I have recommended products similar to this for my previous customers.
Dakota OBNA-5 Bomb/Car Odor Eliminator Neutral Air https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006T1RBGA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_dyNRzbSVJ4PFB

It also removes the musty smell from pollen, which typically comes from vents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for that link, never have seen that before. The residue came off with the pre-fab Lysol wipes the wife uses around the house, and then dressing on the window seal. We'll see if it re-forms today.