Install & Review: Clazzio Leather Seat Covers - 12' Reg Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Clazzio.com - Custom Fit Real Leather Seat Covers For 3rd & 4th Gen Rams.

▪▪Pre-Purchase Experience▪▪

I really can't say enough about Clazzio.com's Customer Service, Tyler to be more specific. When you place an order on Clazzio.com for Custom Designed Seat Covers (any covers ordered that are not listed as "in-stock") they tell you multiple times through out the order that once your order is "processed" at their warehouse, your custom order can not be canceled, returned or refunded for ANY reason at all.

So... after weeks of going back and forth on color options, I finally ordered a set of custom designed seat covers with Black Sides & Backs, Dark Grey Perforated Leather Inserts, Red Double Contrast Stitching & Custom Headrest Embroidery for my 2006 Ram Quad Cab. I placed the order and paid $523.95 on 11/26/16. The warehouse "processed" my order 3 days later, on 11/29/16. Fast forward 10 days and it's now 12/09/16. I end up unexpectedly trading in my 06 Quad Cab for a 2012 Reg Cab. So the next day, 12/10/16, I email Tyler at Clazzio (who had originally helped me with my custom order for my 06) and I explained to him what had happened with trading in my 06 Quad Cab and informed him that I would be ordering another set of covers for my new 2012. Without me even asking him to cancel my order, without me asking for a refund or anything like that at all, he ends up emailing me back and said even though it was a long shot, he would call the warehouse and see if he could put a stop on my custom covers being made. Well... not even 5 minutes after I recieved that email, I had $523.95 refunded to my PayPal and an email from Tyler saying he was able to cancel my order and that he had refunded me 100% of my money!!! I mean come! on! How awesome was THAT!?!? Even though their policy clearly states that you can NOT cancel your custom designed order after it has processed, Tyler STILL helped me out, 12 days after it was processed, even though he did NOT have to do this!!! He already had my money, and had no reason to refund me, but was extremely nice enough to still go ahead and do it. He definitely did not have to do that, but he did. He saved me from a major loss, a major headache and possibly $100's lost trying to resell them. So I ended up ordering a new set of seat covers for my 2012 and got custom embroidery. Instead of the normal $300 + $90 for the covers & embroidery, It ended up only costing me $324.95 because, again, Tyler hooked me up!!! Even after canceling my first order and giving me a 100% refund when he definitely did not have to do that and I definitely did not expect it. Even after ALL THAT, he was nice enough to provide me with a promo code that saved me $75 off my new order!! I mean wtf... Tyler went above and beyond what is considered normal customer service, and did whatever it took to make sure I was 100% happy. I can't even put into words how awesome Tyler is and how well he treated me as a first time customer. Based off of this experience alone, I will DEFINITELY be buying from Clazzio.com in the future for any vehicles I own.

I just want to add that even after EVERYTHING he had already done for me, Tyler texted me while in the middle of embroidering my headrests, to send me a picture of a piece of leather that had been embroidered with a couple different variations of the design I wanted and asked which one I liked best. This was totally unexpected and something he definitely did not have to do, but I'm super grateful that he did, as I really hated the thickness of the one design and really liked the other. So being able to pick which one I got was a huge bonus I did not expect to get.

The experience I just had with Clazzio.com's Customer Service, Tyler, is something you never experience. One thing after another, Tyler just kept coming through and providing amazing solutions and customer support, going above and beyond anything I ever expected to see from an online company. One things for sure... Tyler really cares about his customers, and it's obvious he cares more for the happiness of his customers than he does about making a profit.

▪▪First Look▪▪

Upon receiving the box and opening it, I immediately took notice of how soft and nice the leather was. For being one of the cheapest options online to get leather interior, I was surprised by how well the covers were built and the extremely high quality of the leather. The custom embroidery I had gotten also came out better than I could have hoped for. I really got my money's worth for $325.

389f695b31327710b6f4947b2442411a.jpg1804a45d1684d737cc1b23f91e9bd8fe.jpg

▪▪Installation▪▪

Before & During
73b55cf4e36edbfc3ee53b908ade3b2e.jpgbf3c67186f8666ee0f8a12bdab7d8d05.jpg281cf150bf4c29cdf563baa8a3416cbc.jpg3e304920976610bc46305115f34e18b6.jpg

After
5f57944fbe538a133b16edc3b0079851.jpgd27bd685765e08bdb6fc3d9de401b2d2.jpg2fbbceeb86ede9a58363506dea014653.jpg47b8fb615ca21e3d74863edfa2fe4294.jpg

▪▪Review/First Impressions▪▪

First off, let me just say how happy I am with these seat covers. Even though I still need to do some adjusting to the covers, especially the seat-back covers by "rolling" and "pulling" the sides in, to make them sit and fit with the seats side bolster shape a little better. Right now they are "baggy" and "loose" fitting on the front of the seats top. Using some muscle, boiling water, moist towels and some sun shine and they will form to the seat more. I also need to do the "4th gen ram clazzio arm rest mod" on the jump seats console. Right now it's just "on there". At this point of the install, it was getting extremely windy and cold outside and the sun was going down. So I will have to modify the armrest another day, along with form-fitting the seat backs better.

The leather feels just as good (if not better!!) than other cars I've been in that came from the factory with leather seats. These seat covers have 3/4 of an inch of "memory foam" under the leather and man, are these things super comfortable!! My seats were really comfy to begin with, but these covers made them extremely comfortable. It's like sitting in an entirely different seat.

Installation was a bit of a PITA. My fingers and hands are super sore and my back is hurting from all the weird angles I was in while installing them. The headrests were the hardest part of the install. I eventually found a technique to make it easier, but even with that it was still an extremely difficult squeeze to make them fit.

▪▪Final Thoughts▪▪

If you were thinking of ordering yourself a set of Clazzio Seat Covers for your truck.... do it!!! These seat covers are 100% worth the $325 I paid for them. So much so, that knowing what I know now, after installing them and seeing their fitment and the quality of the leather, I'd be willing to pay $400 - $500 for these covers. That's how nice it think they are. If you want to order yourself a set, there is a bunch of color combos you can pick from, with different styles for inserts, colored stitching, suede inserts, quilted insters and custom embroidery. There is even an option for 100% PVC (fake leather) for the people who don't want to spend that much. So there's something for everyone. You will not regret buying these seat covers, I promise! Once I'm done forming the seat cover on the seats top part, you won't even be able to tell that these are seat covers. They are THAT nice.

I HIGHLY recommend buying Clazzio Seat Covers. Make sure you order yours from Clazzio.com so you can deal with Tyler and he can help you with any questions or problems your might run into. If you order the Clazzio covers from an eBay seller, or through any other website, you won't get Clazzio's amazing customer service and usually there isn't as many customizable options when you order from 3rd party resellers.

So that's my experience buying, installing and reviewing Clazzio Perforated Leather Seat Covers. Hopefully this post will help you in your decision of purchasing these seat covers.

If you have any questions about the seat covers, the install or anything else, feel free to reply and I'll try my best to help you with whatever I can. Thanks for reading my long ass review/book lol.

Sent from hell via TapATalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
(Reserved this post for a 6 month review)

smokedbystang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Great review. I was just on their website and will be ordering them at some point in the future. Good to hear they have great customer service and a great product!

Not related but all too true - I have been modifying Mustangs/Cobras for 20+ years and my "addiction" was costing me lots of money to go faster and show them. Taking a break from them and getting a truck (although this is my 5th truck in as many years), now this one is draining the bank account too! haha. Life's too short not to have fun and build what you want!

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Great review. I was just on their website and will be ordering them at some point in the future. Good to hear they have great customer service and a great product!

Not related but all too true - I have been modifying Mustangs/Cobras for 20+ years and my "addiction" was costing me lots of money to go faster and show them. Taking a break from them and getting a truck (although this is my 5th truck in as many years), now this one is draining the bank account too! haha. Life's too short not to have fun and build what you want!
Yea Tyler went above and beyond for me. I was shocked and couldn't believe he got me my $524 back 14 days after my order, 10 days after the factory got the custom design order. That was so cool of him to do. Saved me such a hassle of selling them and losing alot of money.

It's been a few days since the install and they are still just as comfortable as when I first put them in. I'm still just as happy. I just need to get around to doing the clazzio ram center arm rest mod and I'll be all set.

And yes, any vehicle, sports car or not, can very easily drain your bank account dry. There's always some kind of upgrade available for anything on any car.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice review! I just put mine on over the weekend and I agree with everything OnSale said about these covers. They are simply amazing! Everyone thats seen them has complimented me on how they look factory. Well worth the money!

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Nice review! I just put mine on over the weekend and I agree with everything OnSale said about these covers. They are simply amazing! Everyone thats seen them has complimented me on how they look factory. Well worth the money!
Got any pics? Did you go custom or just buy one of the factory colors?

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got any pics? Did you go custom or just buy one of the factory colors?

I just went with the all dark gray color and it matched my interior perfectly. Kind of kicking myself for not doing an embroidery though.

These pics don't do these covers justice:e9a600299424e50fc07b1bda1c504667.jpge4175c8eae897262e965ef68f69d6969.jpg413bb42dd8760c74adbf714bdb1339e7.jpg

Seriously if you're looking for leather seats, get these covers. The fit is absolutely perfect. My heated seats don't work quite as well as they used to but honestly that's a good thing. They were a tad too hot before and now they are just warm. About the same as my wife's Grand Cherokee heated seats that has factory leather.

For those with Crew Cabs, the biggest pain in the ass is the rear fold down armrest. That was by far the worst part of the install. My hands still hurt 3 days later from that damn armrest...

I have a center console so I didn't have to deal with the center fold down seat.

Last edited: