Problem with 2017 interior lights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dchap08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
2017 ram 1500, big horn.
So, I have an issue that I just noticed. If have your engine running, in park or drive, and you have a couple of stops, after about the 3rd time the doors open, the interior lights will not come on until you park, turn the vehicle off, open and park the doors, and finally after start the truck, the lights come on. Even with the manual switch, the lights won't come back on until after a full restart of the vehicle.
Any ideas or suggestions? Going to the dealership next week for another issue, so I'm hoping someone else has a fix or idea what to do.
Thanks!

fat1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting. I just replaced all my interiors with led and I had noticed this behavior. I thought it was a canbus-type issue so I swapped out the map lights with another brand I had purchased just in case and it seemed to resolve it. I assume yours are still stock halogens though? This is in a 2017 rebel

Tom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My '15 did the same thing after I swapped out the dome light for a cheap led. Somebody on here suggested trying a brighter led from super bright leds and that fixed the problem. The cheap bulb wasn't drawing enough and was messing with the interior lights somehow. Did you put in leds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Dchap08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I did swap out the bulbs with led. Not super bright brand, so maybe that is the problem. I'll have to give it a try. Gonna swap out the old bulbs to see if that fixes the problem for now.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Wait...do you work for super bright? Lol.

Tom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol. I do not work for super bright. Somebody else suggested them to me. It was a few bucks online and it will definitely fix your problem.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We carry the retrofit source and they have CANBUS friendly bulbs