2014 Clutch Fan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have tried to search this and I see a couple different threads but not specific enough answers. My question is:

While facing the engine, does the nut on the fan need to turn clockwise or counter clockwise to remove it.

Also will the fan shroud below need to be removed to get the clutch fan out or will it slip on through?

Thanks and sorry for beating a dead horse to death on this topic!

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have tried to search this and I see a couple different threads but not specific enough answers. My question is:

While facing the engine, does the nut on the fan need to turn clockwise or counter clockwise to remove it.

Also will the fan shroud below need to be removed to get the clutch fan out or will it slip on through?

Thanks and sorry for beating a dead horse to death on this topic!

Facing the engine the nut needs to turn clockwise. It is a backwards thread. You don't have to remove the shroud. It will be tight but it can squeeze through.

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Facing the engine the nut needs to turn clockwise. It is a backwards thread. You don't have to remove the shroud. It will be tight but it can squeeze through.

^^^x2

You will need to spin it clockwise facing the engine and it can be squeezed out between the belts and shroud. Make sure you change the fan settings to match the thermostat so that the stock e-fan will act as you main cooling fan.

OP
OP
Kotta390

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Ok great! Can I use a crescent wrench on the nut or do I need to rent a tool? I am about 3 hours away from my family shop and I usually use a air hammer (being gentle on the trigger) and it always works. In this case I am at an apartment complex lol.

^^^x2

You will need to spin it clockwise facing the engine and it can be squeezed out between the belts and shroud. Make sure you change the fan settings to match the thermostat so that the stock e-fan will act as you main cooling fan.

Exactly, I am running the stock thermostat at the moment, I will probably NOT change it anytime soon, or not until right before summer kicks in again next year.

Last edited:

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok great! Can I use a crescent wrench on the nut or do I need to rent a tool? I am about 3 hours away from my family shop and I usually use a air hammer (being gentle on the trigger) and it always works. In this case I am at an apartment complex lol.

I used an impact hammer. Worked great.

OP
OP
Kotta390

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I used an impact hammer. Worked great.

Well as far as apartment and little tools are concerned, could I use a crescent or will it be too hard?