2016 r/t 12.88 @ 104

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well after chasing 12's for a yr now I finally got what I wanted. I have been battling the high speed wobble for a yr & finally fixed it w/ the Illicit brackets. Now I am able to make a full pass & stay in it instead of letting out if it to steady the rear. I'm very happy w/ the truck for being on the factory R/T 22" wheels/tires. The da tonight was -300. Sooner or later I will do a DSS driveshaft, lt's w/ catted y pipe & dr's. Til then I'm happy w/ a high 12 second dd truck on street tires. Lol

2016 Ram R/T. My mods are:

Performance:
-Jay Greene motor/trans tune via Diablo I2
-S&B intake
-Magnaflow 2.5"/3" y pipe in place of the factory crushed y pipe
-14" Magnaflow muffler
-clutch fan delete & 180* t-stat

Suspension:
-2/4 Belltech lowering kit
-Illicit No Cut brackets
-Hellwig rear sway bar & endlinks
-Airlift rear helper bags at 5 psi
-Spohn adjustable panhard
-Bilstein stock replacement 4600 front shocks
-Bilstein 5100 rear shocks(nonspecific to our trucks, spec'd as a replacement to Belltech Street Performers)

Track Prep:
-Pulled front sway bar
-Pulled center jump seat(swapped from plastic console to jump seat early on)
-Pulled spare
-Pulled tailgate

My vehicle number was 777 and it sure did turn out to be a good night. Lol

20171110_162113~2.jpg

20171110_162035~2.jpg

20171110_213230.jpg

20171110_180659.jpg

20171110_191144.jpg

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That’s awsome for a truck with accessories “ minor bolt ones”
Gratz man

AzCats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 CC Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow congrats on the 12's! Impressive with the 22 rims and light performance mods

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
A small 75 shot would probably put you knocking on the 11's Gary,lol
Way to go ,for a daily on street tires those are very impressive runs
Rick

OP
OP
Gary's Hemi

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Rick like I said last night, you have been a huge help the last few months w/ my suspension. I listened to you and Spinn and finally got my suspension right and just listened to yall in track tips in general.

Yea your right on the nitrous. Dont tempt me. Lol

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Rick like I said last night, you have been a huge help the last few months w/ my suspension. I listened to you and Spinn and finally got my suspension right and just listened to yall in track tips in general.

Yea your right on the nitrous. Dont tempt me. Lol

Ah jeez you're making me blush:roflsquared:.

Louie's a great source for suspension tips,i listen to his tips myself,lol.

You'll have to go to work on trying to get a little more weight out of the truck,you'll never get down to what the Express trucks weigh stripped,because of your options,but if you can get another 175/200 lbs out of the truck,that'll drop you another full tenth or more. Another old drag racer tip to try if you're not running drag shocks on the front,is to remove the 2 upper rubber shock absorber bushings and then wind the nut and upper steel washer back on just enough the nut will hold the washer on. Gives you almost 2" of instant front end rise before you run into resistance from the shock absorber. Not saying it's gonna add much,but it doesn't cost anything to try,and see if it helps the little truck hook better out of the hole.
I'm still shaking my head over your numbers on flipping 22's,that's gotta be the record for a 22" tire:happy107:
Way to go Gary
Rick

Last edited:

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thats moving pretty fast, come on 11's are in there somewhere.

OP
OP
Gary's Hemi

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yup. Kyle Tingle's truck is the 1 to really watch these days as far as a 5.7 truck goes. His truck is running 7.6's in the 1/8 which is around 11.9-12.0's in the 1/4 w/o a cam and WITH 7 quarts of oil in the motor...lol

I'm happy w/ mine though for the amount of mods I have. Cant beat running 12's w/ simple bolt ons on 22's.

I didnt make this thread to start a ******* match of who is faster. I made it for myself b/c I'm very happy w/ how my 700 mile a week dd is running. I mean if thats the case I ran an 11.91 in my 2004 rc Hemi 10 yrs ago. However, so far I do seem to hold the quickest na truck on 22's right now. The record was a 12.99 last winter from a truck that also ran in -da like mine but w/ headers and someone else's tune also. But as stated, this thread wasnt started as a whose got the biggest wee wee contest....

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^^^ Thank you for the last paragraph, sometimes the wheels fall off on some of these threads. Congrat's on your accomplishment so far, it will only get better. You're in a very select group!
Jay

OP
OP
Gary's Hemi

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
^^^^^ Thank you for the last paragraph, sometimes the wheels fall off on some of these threads. Congrat's on your accomplishment so far, it will only get better. You're in a very select group!
Jay

No problem and thank you. I rarely post threads on this particular forum due to the poo slinging that always follows in these threads. I decided to give it a shot for the 1st time in a long time. I'm very happy w/ how my intake, tune and catback exhaust truck ran. Yea I know others have ran faster, was this thread about them???? Nope, sure wasnt. When you can take any truck, install basic bolt ons, drive from work to the track, run 12's on 22" street tires and drive to work the next day...thats awesome in my book. No matter who is driving, who tuned it, who you buy your parts from or hell the brand of the vehicle period. That didnt happen 10-20 yrs ago, just w/ in the last few yrs. If that doesnt give any vehicle enthusiasts a warm hopeful feeling for what is to come in the future from the auto makers I dont know what will.

Last edited: