8-Speed tuning is a great thing!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey guys, so I had my speed shop tune up my 8-speed transmission to take advantage of the power gains from the SC and other upgrades and wow what a difference it has made! My truck is the first 8-speed my shop has ever tuned and it took them a couple days of working with it in HP Tuner, apparently it is pretty complicated to say the least, but it was sure worth it as now the truck can utilize the full RPM range through every gear and that really woke the truck up as the SC especially really loves the gains from higher RPMs :driver: :burnout:

RCFiddyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How did they do it? What exactly did they do? How much?

Details man, details...

OP
OP
Gamester

Gamester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
How did they do it? What exactly did they do? How much?

Details man, details...

The newest version of HP Tuner allows for 8-speed tuning. As for the cost, it takes a couple Dodge license credits for the program itself, which i believe is $100 per credit plus labor costs, which will vary a lot and can be quite a bit mainly because this is new and it takes a lot of time for them gradually adjust things as not to damage anything. Apparently, all the numbers that are adjustable aren't engine RPMs, ratios, or MPH, it is all in output shafts speeds instead, so it is not very straight forward to adjust.

RCFiddyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The newest version of HP Tuner allows for 8-speed tuning. As for the cost, it takes a couple Dodge license credits for the program itself, which i believe is $100 per credit plus labor costs, which will vary a lot and can be quite a bit mainly because this is new and it takes a lot of time for them gradually adjust things as not to damage anything. Apparently, all the numbers that are adjustable aren't engine RPMs, ratios, or MPH, it is all in output shafts speeds instead, so it is not very straight forward to adjust.

You should see my face right now. I asked for details - next time just say it's magic unicorn **** and I will understand it better. I'm going to watch this video again and let him confuse me more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqyPizRyphQ&t=18s