bullydog or diablo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2013 1500 5.7 hemi

Just installed the s&b and i think my next mod will be a tuner

But i wanted to know which one is better and why?
And who will you recomend for purchase?
Is it real easy to install and would it affect engine in any way and ones being installed do you recommend in just leaving it like that or just have installed when ever your going to race or just have fun with it?

shawnb1043

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its a toss up between the two programmers. There will be fans of both. I will personally recommend Moes though. I will vouche for their awesome service and quick shipping. Im sure many others will too.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I'm not sure but I don't think Diablo sport has released tuning for the 13's yet. But bullydog has stronger canned tunes. Unless you plan on headers, throttle body and super charger and want the capability for custom tunes, then bullydog will be just fine

Sent from my Galaxy SIII

OP
OP
california

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks for the info

and ones i have tuner should i leave it installed at all times or should just install when i want to have a little fun im asking cus i dont want to damage pcm or engine etc...

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
You can leave it installed without any problems

Sent from my Galaxy SIII

OP
OP
california

california

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does this tuner have to be connected in the obd port or can i just program. It to truck and put it away?

pd298

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can just program the truck and remove the programmer.

kschaefer426

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L Hemi
from pretty much every forum I have read the bully dog has better canned tunes (the tunes that are pre loaded on the tuner) but if you want a custom tune diablo is the only way to go...so it all depends what your looking for

pd298

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In order to say which company has a better canned tune, one would have to have both programmers, and a dyno. Otherwise its just people being biased to whichever product they own.

Me personally, I'd go with the diablo. I have had diablo on all of my vehicles, except for a titan i used to own, and I had a bullydog on it, and it didnt really seem to help the truck out very much.

And the ability to custom tune with the diablo.