BW 44-44 problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Josandov

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 14 with 2k miles and since the first time I used the 4x4 in any mode auto, 4hi, 4lo lock I press the gas the tires spin for about 5-10 seconds while in loose sand and I get a message on the dash that says 4wd overheated performance reduced and it kills the throttle and after that only the back tires will spin but not until after the message goes away but the 4wd light stays on and if I stay on the peddle when the message pops up the truck shuts off has anyone else had any similar issues?

toofart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 8 spd
Take it to the dealer and tell them to fix their stupid broken ****. What a stupid idea, putting an auto t-case in a truck.

OP
OP
J

Josandov

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Its at the dealer its been there two weeks and ive only had it a month

moparman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Might want to look into the lemon law for your state....

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
J

Josandov

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have after 30 days if its not fixed I get a new one

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do a search on here. There are a few threads about that xfer case. I think Chrysler ultimately told some other members that it was functioning normal and didn't fix it. Seriously.

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
this nonsense is the only reason I'd go back to Ford if I were to get a new truck.

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I think that Ford is using the same xfer case in models that have AWD. Not sure about the pickups, but I had an expedition with it.

BorgWarner Supplies First Two-Speed Active All-Wheel Drive Transfer Case for the... -- AUBURN HILLS, Mich., March 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --

I agree, but I haven't seen the auto feature in them. Maybe just the trims I've seen, XTR and FX4. My brother in law has a Lariat and it doesn't have the auto as well..but that truck is an 07

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Isn't there huge thread in the General section about the 4x4 case.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Isn't there huge thread in the General section about the 4x4 case.

Yes there is.
http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?t=40753
Yes ford uses this transfer case, it is in the higher trims if I had to guess. Borg warner designed it for ford and rather than pay for R&D for them to design one for ram they decided to just use that design.
Yes it sucks but there really isn't much that can be done, the transfer case works fine for the 98%of the population that never uses their truck off road, but for those that do it is almost useless.

Last edited: