CAI with biggest gains for 5.7?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

713Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First Post! :rotflmao:
Got a '13 2WD 5.7 Express, looking for a cai with big hp&tq gains/aggressive sound, don't care too much about mpg gains. I've been looking around and it seems the VaraRam, Volant, S&B, and Moe's are the most popular. Which do yall run and what have you noticed?

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Vararam... check Moe's Performance

rustydagger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with K&N CAI and Diablosport Trinity Tuner
Recommend grabbing one of moe's combo deals. A Ported throttle body and a muffler go well with a cai.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Welcome to RF. To avoid blow back for rehashing old and well answered questions, use the search function before posting a basic question--you'll attract fewer grouches that way.
I've been on RF since Nov '12 and your question comes up a couple times a week. Do your homework--then ask an informed question and you will get much more helpful responses.
My $0.02

Try this link to a quick search i did. http://www.ramforum.com/search.php?searchid=2184172

Last edited:

JMAN154

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
VARARAM! really depends on the application and how you want to use them but thats what I use and am very happy! butt dyno agrees and the new deeper loooouder exhaust note suggests something good has happened lol....check out Moe's Performance...matt will probably pick up and help you out big time. the only other one you might look at is the s&b CAI but imo you will like the Vararam much better...plus it looks different and is BADASS you wont be dissapointed

you wont notice a lot of extra power just driving around only because engine noise isnt as great as your typical CAI's...3k and above the intake really starts moving the air and you really feel it...i think the vararam and s&b are the two that show biggest gains and on the 1/4 mile the vararam did 3mph and 3 tenths of a second faster over stock intake..s&b came in 2nd...dk those numbers because i dont care who came in 2nd lol

make sure to get the ported throttle body spacer at the same time...it will help with the gains...remeber the more stuff you have to stack helps all around...just a CAI wont be as noticable as you might like it to be

LovMyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QCSB Black Edition, 2014 RCSB.
Engine
VARARAM! really depends on the application and how you want to use them but thats what I use and am very happy! butt dyno agrees and the new deeper loooouder exhaust note suggests something good has happened lol....check out Moe's Performance...matt will probably pick up and help you out big time. the only other one you might look at is the s&b CAI but imo you will like the Vararam much better...plus it looks different and is BADASS you wont be dissapointed

you wont notice a lot of extra power just driving around only because engine noise isnt as great as your typical CAI's...3k and above the intake really starts moving the air and you really feel it...i think the vararam and s&b are the two that show biggest gains and on the 1/4 mile the vararam did 3mph and 3 tenths of a second faster over stock intake..s&b came in 2nd...dk those numbers because i dont care who came in 2nd lol

make sure to get the ported throttle body spacer at the same time...it will help with the gains...remeber the more stuff you have to stack helps all around...just a CAI wont be as noticable as you might like it to be

Or you could waste your money elsewhere like a tornado fuel saver.

Gecko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004, 2004
Engine
5.7L Hemi, 8.3L V10
Don't get a throttle body spacer. It will not help with anything or give you any gains. All it will do is possibly add a whistling sound when you drive.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
we need a dislike button...

Did he really say install a TB spacer??????????? wow

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
we need a dislike button...

Did he really say install a TB spacer??????????? wow

Some people dont know that a spacer is a waste of.....well space but this is a great place to learn.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
In his defense, JAMN154's signature says he has a ported TB, but what he wrote set off all the BS detectors when he added the word 'spacer.' D'oh!

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
And add the ever popular Mopar air freshener, it will enhance the power of that TBS.

OP
OP

713Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the input everyone.
Just wondering, is the K&N 63 any good?
My family's always used K&N on their trucks and noticed a huge difference.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thanks for the input everyone.
Just wondering, is the K&N 63 any good?
My family's always used K&N on their trucks and noticed a huge difference.
Open top models are noise makers. IMHO

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007