Carven direct fit muffler questions/tip alignment?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2016Bighorny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so, I have a 2016 Ram Big Horn (Hemi) I am on the fence with ordering a Carven direct fit muffler kit. I had a Mufflex dod14m on my 2012 Express a few years ago...I liked it with no fitment issues. However, I am REALLY loving the sound that Carven produces. My buddy just installed the competitor on his 2016 Big Horn as well. It sounds awesome! However, I noticed that one of his tips is sitting in further than the other. I have been going through all sorts of posts and videos of these mufflers and it seems that almost all of them result in one of the tips in further than the other...my questions is: Is there a way to adjust the fit and finish so both tips are even (in and out)???... obviously with the attachment design of the exhaust tips they can be moved around for side to side and up and down. I have the 5" Mufflex tips now and they stick out a bit further than stock, therefore the in and out fitment when finished with the Carven install, will be even more exaggerated. I guess what I am asking is, is there anyone here who has installed a Carven direct fit kit muffler and have their tips sticking out of the bumper evenly (protruding)??? Thank you for any and all help!

Regards!

Dbush36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
so, I have a 2016 Ram Big Horn (Hemi) I am on the fence with ordering a Carven direct fit muffler kit. I had a Mufflex dod14m on my 2012 Express a few years ago...I liked it with no fitment issues. However, I am REALLY loving the sound that Carven produces. My buddy just installed the competitor on his 2016 Big Horn as well. It sounds awesome! However, I noticed that one of his tips is sitting in further than the other. I have been going through all sorts of posts and videos of these mufflers and it seems that almost all of them result in one of the tips in further than the other...my questions is: Is there a way to adjust the fit and finish so both tips are even (in and out)???... obviously with the attachment design of the exhaust tips they can be moved around for side to side and up and down. I have the 5" Mufflex tips now and they stick out a bit further than stock, therefore the in and out fitment when finished with the Carven install, will be even more exaggerated. I guess what I am asking is, is there anyone here who has installed a Carven direct fit kit muffler and have their tips sticking out of the bumper evenly (protruding)??? Thank you for any and all help!

Regards!

The clamps are long so where they attach to the muffler can be adjusted slightly if need be. Mine are even!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
2016Bighorny

2016Bighorny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The clamps are long so where they attach to the muffler can be adjusted slightly if need be. Mine are even!

SWEET!!! I was thinking because of the design by Carven (butt joint) that they HAD to be tight up against each other...this is good news!

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had to cut one pipe about 3/4”. It was protruding past the bumper quite a bit

boomer632

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They will like up and look like stock. Just takes some patience. Tighten clamps just enough to hold them crawl out and adjust as needed. Then go back under and tighten.