Carven PROBLEM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Red5Point7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anybody have problems with their Carven direct fit muffler clamps staying the hell on? For the second time now, my clamp connecting the main pipe to the inlet of the muffler has slid off for reason. Any quick solutions to this before I weld the damn thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Mine has stayed on just fine, have to ask did you get the bolts/nuts goodentight.

Maybe some red loctite ?

OP
OP
Red5Point7

Red5Point7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine has stayed on just fine, have to ask did you get the bolts/nuts goodentight.

Maybe some red loctite ?

First time(initial install) I didn't because my buddy was helping me and he happened to do the clamps. Second time I applied some and I tightened it myself. I'm just not understanding why it keeps sliding off

boostking101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I only have 100 miles on mine... I'll keep you updated if anything happens but I impacted mine on with a 3/8 electric impact...

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
never had a problem with my clamps. I torqued them down good, and had to use a breaker bar to get them back off again.
Good luck, hope you find a solution. They have a 100 Year Warranty, have you checked with Carven to see if they'll ship you a new clamp?

OP
OP
Red5Point7

Red5Point7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
never had a problem with my clamps. I torqued them down good, and had to use a breaker bar to get them back off again.
Good luck, hope you find a solution. They have a 100 Year Warranty, have you checked with Carven to see if they'll ship you a new clamp?

I haven't, problem is I leave for a 10 hour road trip in less than a week

JIMBOX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:) ANY EXHAUST CONNECTION under/near the cab area--

===SHOULD BE WELDED ---

:crazy: JIMBO

OP
OP
Red5Point7

Red5Point7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

===SHOULD BE WELDED ---

Believe me it's getting welded, but until I can get into a shop, I'm not trying to dr be around straight piped, especially on the highway for 10 hours

JIMBOX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:) Way to go Red--

Believe me it's getting welded, but until I can get into a shop, I'm not trying to dr be around straight piped, especially on the highway for 10 hours

I'm just thinking about a little more safety--from CARBON MONOXIDE-

Good luck-

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree with having it welded, but it defeats the purpose of being a 'bold on' if it is welded. Plus the stock exhaust is just clamped... just saying. I'd try another clamp first, if you ever sell the truck these are going for about $200 used on here..

crzywyteboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anybody have problems with their Carven direct fit muffler clamps staying the hell on? For the second time now, my clamp connecting the main pipe to the inlet of the muffler has slid off for reason. Any quick solutions to this before I weld the damn thing?

I had the same issue. Had to center the clamp on both ends. Haven't had issues since

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The muffler is underneath the truck bed, not the cabin. But, I get your point.

dblackston

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Mine has came loose twice in the past 800 miles. I assume it was my fault but never had any issues on my '15 with the mufflex setup. Make sure all of your hangers are fully secured also. Both times it came loose my pipes were falling out of the hangers...again could have been my fault but could allow it to move enough to wiggle out the of the center clamp.

This last go around, I made certain everything was seated properly in the hangers, centered the clamp better and used my impact. Should be good to go!

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

===SHOULD BE WELDED ---

4th Gen Mufflers are clamped from the factory. Muffler location is also way back by the rear axle. Welding would accomplish nothing that far back except making future exhaust modification expensive and more difficult. :eek:

Dangulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
14k miles no problems with my Carven R muffler

crzywyteboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine had those issues initially but have not happened again. Been a week or so with some aggressive driving lol

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Mine has not gave me any problems, one a straight run right now over 2500 miles so far and iys still pn there...lol

JIMBOX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:) Too bad you feel that way about muffler installation-

4th Gen Mufflers are clamped from the factory. Muffler location is also way back by the rear axle. Welding would accomplish nothing that far back except making future exhaust modification expensive and more difficult. :eek:

Any secondary muffler/extension installed to a stock system, should be welded ANYWHERE UNDER VEHICLE BODY-

Carbon Monoxide doesn't care about position of joints

If that interferes with you future installation--buy some stock in clamp company's-

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
I see your point but at the same time the factory one is not welded so whats the point.

Not being a ass, But did you have your factory muffler welded in place ?

boomer632

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Make sure the clamps were put on over the little nubs welded on each ends of the stock pipe.