Diablo 1/4 mile times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was out playing around on my way home from the station on a dark unoccupied road and thought id click in a few runs with the 1/4 timer...

Kicked off a 13.96 but had a crappy RT of .12 so i didnt record it.. so went again kick of a crappy 14.5 while getting sideways at launch but was more impressed with the .00 time... wish our tracks werent closed for winter.
cd5aeb53888b25b5246088908083a396.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bet a converter will help a bunch.
Jay

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bet a converter will help a bunch.
Jay

yeah, not sure if I want to put the money into it or go down the unknown road of putting a clutch into it. I've never been a fan of Autos.

The R/T already comes with a 2800 stall but I'm thinking a 3400 would help on the track times, but I'm trying to learn how to interface it to work in street, Auto X and drag. I know there isn't a best of all worlds product but we shall see.
There is one thing ive notice between the charger and my r/t, both are 5.7L both "R/T" but the charger def has a much snappier throttle response and tighter trans... 1/4 mile I bet my truck is faster but rolling run the charger is.
I'm trying to figure out why and what makes it different

BlakDak71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
yeah, not sure if I want to put the money into it or go down the unknown road of putting a clutch into it. I've never been a fan of Autos.

The R/T already comes with a 2800 stall but I'm thinking a 3400 would help on the track times, but I'm trying to learn how to interface it to work in street, Auto X and drag. I know there isn't a best of all worlds product but we shall see.
There is one thing ive notice between the charger and my r/t, both are 5.7L both "R/T" but the charger def has a much snappier throttle response and tighter trans... 1/4 mile I bet my truck is faster but rolling run the charger is.
I'm trying to figure out why and what makes it different

Charger has a NAG1 trans vs the Ram's 545RFE. Totally different setups, the NAG1 is just that much better.

Factor in that the 545RFE was originally designed as a 45RFE to be put behind a 4.7 in a Dakota that weighs 1000lbs less...they're a slush box.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Charger has a NAG1 trans vs the Ram's 545RFE. Totally different setups, the NAG1 is just that much better.

Factor in that the 545RFE was originally designed as a 45RFE to be put behind a 4.7 in a Dakota that weighs 1000lbs less...they're a slush box.
I wish car companies would design parts for the application instead of borrowing from other designs that are inferior to what the are putting it in. I still want a manual

BlakDak71

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wish car companies would design parts for the application instead of borrowing from other designs that are inferior to what the are putting it in. I still want a manual

It's all about the almighty dollar, brother

Bigdaddycodes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
manual is a ton of money.. been down that road and turned around and ran as far as I could hah but NAG1 is a cool swap and arrignton will sell you everything to do it, not cheap but definetly unique.

As for my time, last one I did hit a 13.4 at 112.

OP
OP
R/T_Fire

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hows about using the new 8sp, would that help????

Nah, I'm a manual trans kinda guy, but if a manual in these trucks is not at all possible I may look into a stronger 8 speed set up.

manual is a ton of money.. been down that road and turned around and ran as far as I could hah but NAG1 is a cool swap and arrignton will sell you everything to do it, not cheap but definetly unique.

As for my time, last one I did hit a 13.4 at 112.

I've been there done that on my old 07 CTD, it was a pain in the ass but cose very little as I had a buddy with the same truck that wanted to go Auto.
I don't really care about it being "cheap" or unique, I want it for the racing aspect I plan to build the truck into. Most of what I want and plan to eventually do to the truck is not going to be cheap but is what is needed to build it right and to suit my needs and wants.

I don't think it would really cost much more than a 8speed swap or a NAG1 swap into the truck, mostly I just have a strong hatred for auto transmissions. All my sports cars or muscle cars I have built or owned over the years have all been Manual or converted to it.
The biggest down side to going manual will be 1/4 times but I'm willing to sacrifice a little E/T for the manual... One of my old 67 mustangs used to be a consistent low 12 sec car skirting on the 11 sec door and it was a manual. just have to be well practiced in shifting.