ECU on 2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
About to install the tuner and swap the ECU to the diablo sport cracked ECU. If I save my factory ecu will I be able to put it back on the truck and go back to stock if I ever need to go to the dealer and will they be able to tell I used a cracked ECU.

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes and no (only thing is that the ecu miles wont match the one on the display)

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
agree won't match and pretty your drivetrain warranty is gone.

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
Technically, yes you're warranty is gone by modding the pcm in any way, shape, or form. However, a dealer tech would have to look into it a bit further than just checking dtc's. Odds are they won't unless they are really questioning something. They can see how many times it's been flashed, compare pcm miles to odometer reading.

In the end, if they were to pull/restrict your warranty because of this, we are protected by the Moss Magnuson Act. They would have to prove whatever failure is caused by the mod. With a stock pcm in, it makes it a lot harder to do.

MikeEMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes and no (only thing is that the ecu miles wont match the one on the display)

I don't think this is true for newer models. I have a 15 and recently installed the PCM and tuner from Diablosport and only provided my VIN, not mileage for the programming of the unlocked PCM. My mileage was consistent after installing the unlocked PCM. I asked Diablosport customer service about this and they said that mileage is also stored in a module in the gauge cluster.

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think is true for newer models. I have a 15 and recently installed the PCM and tuner from Diablosport and only provided my VIN, not mileage for the programming of the unlocked PCM. My mileage was consistent after installing the unlocked PCM. I asked Diablosport customer service about this and they said that mileage is also stored in a module in the gauge cluster.

Yes that's what I was saying, the cluster will still show the original mileage with both PCM, but the miles you have put on the unlocked PCM wont show in the factory one when you go to the dealer. Like savage_46 said, the dealer will probably never check for the mileage directly in the PCM unless they suspect something.