Hemi Fan Clutch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eddi310

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Lone Star
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2010 1500 2wd with 115k miles(I like driving:)), Ive noticed a loud noise coming from under the hood, upon checking it i noticed the fan was always engaged. I looked into it a little bit and saw that when the clutch fails the fan is engaged, which makes sense. Has anyone else changed the clutch? if so how difficult was it? i wanna do it my self, i can get one at autozone for 55$ or an oem for about 90. What do you guys think?

or could it be another problem??

Last edited:

WadXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I don't know how hardie would be to change the fan clutch but if you already have a tuner you can swap to the electric fan for 90 bucks
Robot Check

GoldDot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pretty easy job if you have the gan clutch wrench. You can take it off without one but you will have to get creative to stop it from turning. I would probably get the autozone part.

OP
OP
E

Eddi310

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Lone Star
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was checking the engine bay, while my truck was on, to see if i can see a cause for the loud noise i can hear. I hear a whining noise in the alternator/ idler pulley are, haha but that could be anything. anyway i turn the truck off and check the idler pulley as i was messing with it i noticed it moves just ever so slightly. should the idler have some play, or not move at all?

Last edited:

GoldDot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Idler pulley, tensioner and belt are wear items and should be replaced periodically, every 5 years/60k i believe. Pulley should have no play.

OP
OP
E

Eddi310

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Lone Star
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Idler pulley, tensioner and belt are wear items and should be replaced periodically, every 5 years/60k i believe. Pulley should have no play.

you right goldDot,
When I had my 03 E500, i was cruising to a friends house, as i speed up to switch lanes the car ****** so bad i thought i popped a tire or something, at the same time, every single warning light came on, low battery, no power steering, and the engine immediately began to overheat. when i got to my friends house we popped the hood and noticed the belt was just hanging. then haha we saw that the belt tensioner pulley had literally broken off.

Good times with that Benz