LT's & carven

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
I'm heavily considering ARH headers. Which carven muffler would be best sound wise? I don't want obnoxiously loud. I plan on getting 5" tips & leaving the resonators in. My truck is usually backed in my driveway & I don't wanna **** off my neighbors. I've watched lots of videos & all the ones that have headers, they don't list which muffler model they have. I'm leaning towards the carven progressive. I've got a feeling the progressive, LT, & 5" tips would be best for what I'm after.

Any input or vid links are appreciated.

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I'm not mistaken, the progressive series is more mellow and deep sounding. If I had to choose which muffler to go with my LTs it would be that one, especially if you don't plan on running cats.

OP
OP
S

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
I do plan on keeping cats. Hate the smell of no cats.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
I would definitely go with the larger muffler as well. Their smaller muffler is obnoxiously loud to me, even with stock manifolds and cats. I do prefer a more mellow exhaust though.

OP
OP
S

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
Are any negative effects to mileage & drivability? Aside from the obvious right pedal being stuck to the floor.... :naughty:

Granite-1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm running their Progressive kit and have found no negatives so far, other than the heavy right foot that you mentioned :roflsquared: Can't speak on LT's though as everything except this kit is stock, but I love it!

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are any negative effects to mileage & drivability? Aside from the obvious right pedal being stuck to the floor.... :naughty:

No, if you get the 1 3/4 headers from ARH or SS Works you should not have any negative low end loss. The 1 7/8 headers "may" cause some low end loss but with a custom tune, you should be able to pick most of it back up and with the 8 spd and 3.92 gearing, you shouldn't notice any difference IMO.

Fuel mileage may go up a touch if you stay out of the throttle. Other then that, you will have nothing but positive effects, especially from the sound and power alone!:favorites13: