Magnaflow, 14" vs 18"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Really if your that worried about it you should order the Mufflex kit with whatever size, bolt it on yourself (did mine in driveway in about an hour). If you don't like it than go with another size, unbolt old one and put the other one in lol. Good luck.

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
if you want to know how each one will sound on your truck you can see if the muffler shop that will do your install (if you dont buy a bolt on kit) will take off your original muffler and hold the 14 and the 18 up in its place and let you turn the truck on and give it a couple of revs to see what you like. The muffler shops around here do that with different brand mufflers to make sure you get the one you like

OP
OP
bendirkss

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if you want to know how each one will sound on your truck you can see if the muffler shop that will do your install (if you dont buy a bolt on kit) will take off your original muffler and hold the 14 and the 18 up in its place and let you turn the truck on and give it a couple of revs to see what you like. The muffler shops around here do that with different brand mufflers to make sure you get the one you like

You can't get the magnaflow for my truck around here. Its kind of a special order.

Sent from my Nexus 4

OP
OP
bendirkss

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Really if your that worried about it you should order the Mufflex kit with whatever size, bolt it on yourself (did mine in driveway in about an hour). If you don't like it than go with another size, unbolt old one and put the other one in lol. Good luck.

Isn't that lit like $260? I'm paying about $250 for this magnaflow installed

Sent from my Nexus 4

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
you can't get the magnaflow for my truck around here. Its kind of a special order.

Sent from my nexus 4

you mean they dont stock magnaflow period? Because as far as i know the mufflers are universal its just the kits come with different piping bent a certain way for whatever vehicle they go in

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's how it is around me. Everybody wants Flowmasters here.

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
that's how it is around me. Everybody wants flowmasters here.

really? Thats crazy around here mostly the only people i see or hear with flowmasters are the little kids that borrow their dads truck and try to race everyone and act stupid most of the people that have real performance stuff done to their trucks usually have magnaflow or borla

OP
OP
bendirkss

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They just cant get the magnaflow i need. The 3" in 3" out, center/offset. When I got a magnaflow put on my ranger it was in stock

Sent from my Nexus 4

Last edited:

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
They just cant get the magnaflow i need. The 3" in 3" out, center/offset. When I got a magnaflow put on my ranger it was in stock

Sent from my Nexus 4

That's weird. I was told that my shop couldn't get or do a 14" magnaflow on my truck. The reasoning the guy gave was weird and didn't really make sense, and I wasn't dead set on the 14 so I just went with the 18 and they welded it on really nicely for me.

Can you just order the magnaflow online? It's definitely worth a little extra wait in order to have what you want on your truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
bendirkss

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's weird. I was told that my shop couldn't get or do a 14" magnaflow on my truck. The reasoning the guy gave was weird and didn't really make sense, and I wasn't dead set on the 14 so I just went with the 18 and they welded it on really nicely for me.

Can you just order the magnaflow online? It's definitely worth a little extra wait in order to have what you want on your truck.

I mean they can get the 18", they just have to make a special order for it. So I am getting the 18", I just hope its the sound I want and its loud enough. I wanna hear some rumble when I'm in the throttle but I don't want it annoying me on the highway

Sent from my Nexus 4

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I mean they can get the 18", they just have to make a special order for it. So I am getting the 18", I just hope its the sound I want and its loud enough. I wanna hear some rumble when I'm in the throttle but I don't want it annoying me on the highway

Sent from my Nexus 4

Ahh okay gotcha. Cool. Yea that is exactly what I wanted and I personally think that's exactly what the 18" does. It also gets a little louder and deeper once it's broken in. Took maybe a week or so (I drive alot though) and I was noticing that it sounded even better.

OP
OP
bendirkss

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ahh okay gotcha. Cool. Yea that is exactly what I wanted and I personally think that's exactly what the 18" does. It also gets a little louder and deeper once it's broken in. Took maybe a week or so (I drive alot though) and I was noticing that it sounded even better.

Can you always tell you have that rumble or only when your giving gas?

Sent from my Nexus 4

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
When you're just coasting down a hill, there really isn't much difference from the stock system in my truck. That's when you're not touching the pedal at all. The biggest drone comes at low RPM's doing something like going up a hill. When you have it on cruise control or are at a steady throttle on the highway, you can hear it but the drone isn't bad at all. And of course when you really lean on the peddle it sounds badass haha :biggun:

OP
OP
bendirkss

bendirkss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thats perfect. I wanna always hear that its there a little

Sent from my Nexus 4

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yep you'll always hear it at least a little except for when you're coasting and not giving it any gas.

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Isn't that lit like $260? I'm paying about $250 for this magnaflow installed

Sent from my Nexus 4

Mine was $298 through Moes but if I ever wanted to go with a bigger muffler I could swap it out myself and sell it, not sure what the price tag is on a used muffler but always get a feeling of satisfaction working on my own truck.