Overheating?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TreeMan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all, I seem to have a problem with my truck. It's a 2015 Ram 1500 with a 5.7 Hemi. It has 103,000km (so out of warranty).
I went to town this morning. Had the truck plugged in before starting it this morning, started fine without issue. Pulled into the highway in front of my house, about 3 blocks away. Sped up to about 70km/h and my coolant temp gauge shot up suddenly and pinned itself in the red. I pulled off the highway and shut it off right away, popped the hood and got out. Everything under the hood was still cold, plugged my code reader into the truck and my coolant was reading 65°C which is cooler than normal operating temperature. Fired it back up and the gauge was back to cold, drove it to town, ran my errands and it hasn't done it again yet.

Should I be concerned about this? Thinking it's either a bad sensor or wiring. I'm guessing the sensor is pretty inexpensive, should I just change it to be safe? Or just keep on trucking along until it does it again?

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
I woukd change the sensor since its inexpensive. But if it happens again, dont just throw parts at it. Get it looked at by a professional.

sent from galaxy S7 edge using tapatalk

Blue_Smoke13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
I woukd change the sensor since its inexpensive. But if it happens again, dont just throw parts at it. Get it looked at by a professional.

Agreed.

Thermostat may have stuck for a second. Also a cheap fix.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
100,000km or a 100k miles? You have til 100k miles to get the power train looked at.

Last edited:

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2015 did this a few times. Would you have a Diablo tuner by any chances?

My problem surface some time after I upload a new tune with my Diablo tuner. Last time to get rid of the warning while driving I simply put the truck in neutral stop/start the engine and put it in drive again. Apparently this can happen after flashing a tune.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990