Supercharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BiggRigg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2011 1500 5.7 and I am thinking about getting a supercharger. Anyone know one I should look at? I have looked at the Ripp and Magnuson one and I dont know if they're any good. Any advice would be great!

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Procharger is also great. And it's an air to air intercooler unlike and air to water with the ripp. For custom tuning you can look to Arrington performance. Look at UNBROKEN's supercharger build to get more info.

fasthemiram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eagle 5.7 vvt
Ripp kit is the best bang for buck kit.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
The RIPP kit is the most economical for sure. I personally like an air to air intercooler for street applications. You have much better repeatibility than air to water. Those are only as good as the water going through them.
I don't like the extremely small cooler with the Magnuson...the big RIPP cooler looks much better.
You need to look at how you want the power to come on too. A Magnuson will have instant boost and torque but suffer a little on the top end. A centrifigul will build boost linear to RPM...and be a lot easier on the trans.
For street/strip combos I'd go centrifigul. For towing a positive displacement blower would be hard to beat.

OP
OP
B

BiggRigg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Procharger is also great. And it's an air to air intercooler unlike and air to water with the ripp. For custom tuning you can look to Arrington performance. Look at UNBROKEN's supercharger build to get more info.

Would the Procharger one work for my truck even though it says it's for 2010 model

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think so, it's just the tuning that comes with it is different I think. You could call and ask.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Making a big purchase like this where you will need custom tuning, I would defiently call and talk to the manufacture and tell them what you want to do with it so you get exactly what you want.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Making a big purchase like this where you will need custom tuning, I would defiently call and talk to the manufacture and tell them what you want to do with it so you get exactly what you want.

Absolutely.
Their off the shelf tunes are generally based on their kits being installed on an otherwise stock truck. If you have any other mods then custom tuning is highly recommended.

OP
OP
B

BiggRigg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Absolutely.
Their off the shelf tunes are generally based on their kits being installed on an otherwise stock truck. If you have any other mods then custom tuning is highly recommended.

I have a diablo tuner, will that work? or will I have to get it professionally tuned?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
You're gonna need to work with Hemifever or one of the other custom tuners out there to dial it in perfect.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Did you know that after his initial install on that show he had to remove the kit because he couldn't tune it?
Diablo had promised him they'd have tuning done so he put it together then obviously they got held up...so it all came back apart.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was wondering what happened there. That was the insperation to buy my truck sooner than I had planned.

OP
OP
B

BiggRigg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you know that after his initial install on that show he had to remove the kit because he couldn't tune it?
Diablo had promised him they'd have tuning done so he put it together then obviously they got held up...so it all came back apart.

One thing I should ask is if I add a supercharger, will it harm the reliability of my truck? This is my only vehicle and if it is really going to harm it in the long run I might have some more thinking to do.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Any time you add that much more power you run the risk of hurting something.
Most tuning is really good so engine damage, while still a possibility, isnt necessarily gonna happen. The same with the transmission...if you drive nice it may live a long, happy life. OR...it may grenade the first time you run it through the gears.
There aren't any guarantees with high performance except that you'll have less money in the bank.

OP
OP
B

BiggRigg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Most tuning is really good so engine damage, while still a possibility, isnt necessarily gonna happen. The same with the transmission...if you drive nice it may live a long, happy life. OR...it may grenade the first time you run it through the gears.
There aren't any guarantees with high performance except that you'll have less money in the bank.

Okay, I normally don't get on it to often... But sometimes my friends want to race or mess around.. So with the way I normally drive it should be fine

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So......what are your friends driving that you are having a hard time keeping up with them? Or is this purely I'm going to be the fastest? lol

OP
OP
B

BiggRigg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So......what are your friends driving that you are having a hard time keeping up with them? Or is this purely I'm going to be the fastest? lol

I always beat them haha I'm just a power freak!

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Honestly for reliable power and if you are already beating them I would look at smaller mods to make some big differences. Unbroken made like a 60 horse gain with long tube headers and custome tune. Torque converter would be a good place to get power to the ground better. LSD if you don't have one from factory. Finally the norms like intakes and throttle body are great supporting mods for great gains. Granted with doing all of these you spend a pretty good chunk of money but for peice of mind its not a bad way to go.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7

No truer words spoken then that