Truck Won't Start (No Crank)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey, hoping I can get some help/suggestions here.

Just got back from two weeks away at work. Truck fired up fine. Drove it to run an errand. Was gone about 5 minutes and now truck won't start. Truck has about 80k kms on it and haven't had any issues like this before.

It's doesn't roll over at all. Battery load tested good (all lights on, boosted anyway just to rule out). Just hear a click from the relays at the fuse panel, no starter solenoid click or fuel pump kicking in, etc. Tried remote starting and 2nd key fob too.

I've tried starting in neutral and all that jazz, which I've seen a lot have success with.

Anyone experience this before? Starter solenoid perhaps? Really hoping it isn't TIPM related.

UPSTrucker13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Take your battery terminals off and clean the posts really good and make sure they’re tight. If that doesn’t work check ground strap too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
The relay that shuts down the fuel system, ignition and starter is the ASD or auto shutdown relay, check that one, switch it with one that you know works.

OP
OP
S

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The relay that shuts down the fuel system, ignition and starter is the ASD or auto shutdown relay, check that one, switch it with one that you know works.

I had tried swapping around the relays, but I'll look for that one in specific.

Take your battery terminals off and clean the posts really good and make sure they’re tight. If that doesn’t work check ground strap too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had tried that, everything is clean and solid.

Now that I've got some daylight I'm going to go back and take a look at the starter.