who cares about gas mileage! i want power!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Am3gross

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
2016 ram 2500 w/ 6.4 liter..

i dont care about gas mileage, however i need to be able to pull a small camper (17 ft).

Here is what i want.

I want that nice loupey sound you get from an old car, i am sure all us gear heads know that sound..

i want 500 hp at the wheels, more would not be un-welcomed.

i do not want to have to mess with driveshafts, not yet anyways.

and here is what i was thinking...

-instake
-heads
-headers
-and a throaty cam
-and of course a tune

what else would i need and do they even make the stuff for a heavy duty to do this. i thought about going sneaking over to one of the challenger forums to get some advice to but i dont know how much of that could really carry over to the trucks, motors should be the same but maybe there is more that i dont understand.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
You're going to need a super charger along with the mods listed to come close to 500 rwhp. A 17' TT is nothing for these trucks. I have a 31' TT and it never really struggled pulling through mountain roads.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
the truck 6.4 is completely different from the car version

to get that lumpy idle a tighter LSA of the cam is needed, which increases valve overlap, fuel injection does not like tight LSA's

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Throw a Pro Charger at it. That will get an additional 150hp.

I am pretty sure that the lumpy idle (for what ever good that is) could be done with a tuner. No cam swap needed.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
The VVT doesn't lend itself to the Lopey cam sound but if you run a custom cam with a tight LSA and a limiter/lock you can get the sound you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk