Accessory Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
What are you guys doing for this.

My goal is to clean up all the wires from my battery from all the fun extra stuff ive put on.

So Id just like to run THREE large wires off the battery. One to the bed, one to the cab, and one to keep in the engine bay. So instead of running a bunch of wires into the cab for all the switches and stuff I would already have a hot wire under the dash attached to a "distributing center" that all the switches and in cab stuff would pull power from. Then again for the cab and bed. Thanks.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
****tt subscribed!! I have this same damn problem.

Tapatalk Addict

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Good idea... Most auto stores sell aftermarket fuse boxes that range in size from about 6 fuses up. Mount as you please in the cab (many of them aren't waterproof, but you could probably find some that are for outside), but you will still have to run your control wires inside for things like lights, horns, etc.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
That's a great idea. I know what you mean about having a bunch of stuff run directly off the battery connections.

OP
OP
reddot

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
bump for others who might have input

What I dont like about the one hemibabe posted is that its exposed both to weather and for anything to fall on it causing a short. The bussmann aint bad

olbaid_83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
theres A LOT of jeepers who do this since virtually any electronic is aftermarket and wired to the battery...ill see if i can pull up some of the posts from the jeep forum

OP
OP
reddot

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Thanks buddy. I found one made by jeeps for jeep but would work for all others. Just was not sold on it. Hoping something better comes along since google has been no help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007