Built in CA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dth418

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone know what the differences are(ifany) between rams in 04 that were built to be sold in California vs vehicles that were built to be sold elsewhere

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Not exactly sure. But California has way stricter laws on emissions and changing vehicles from stock. I know on pretty much everything I've bought for my truck it says not to be sold in California. Maybe the trucks are just tuned up more to be more environmentally friendly and "stockish"? Just my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dth418

dth418

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ya I know I have extra pieces on my exhaust system for Cal emissions and I heard that the vehicles built for sale out there can come with a different tune on them that decreases power.

OP
OP
dth418

dth418

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ya, I know the emissions is really strict out there, when i moved back to PA and went to have the emissions done on my truck they put it on the lift and kinda laughed and brought it right back down because of all the restrictions on my exhaust system. I am contemplating cutting some pieces off and just welding in straight pipe. I like to stay close to stock on most of my vehicles and theres no way im going to buy a 500 dollar exhaust system for a truck that i absolutley beat the hell out of. I have renewed alot of my friends faith in mopar products because noone can believe how well my truck runs with the amount of **** i put it through.

OP
OP
dth418

dth418

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ya I definitly want some noise out of it, just trying to figure out what the best way to go about it is especially since we have yearly emissions checks up here.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Yep a cutout will work, closed will pass inspection... or should and I stress the word should and open for fun. Depends on if the shop whants to be complete and utter tools.

OP
OP
dth418

dth418

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ya I hate dbags at shops that get stingy about that sh*t. Now for a 04 qc hemi, Id be looking at a 3" single correct?

OP
OP
dth418

dth418

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
and what does the cost of install on something like that run? Id be able to do the welding by myself but when it comes to electrical work im refreakintarted. It took me 2 hours to wire a PA system into my truck and that was supposed to be easy

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Wiring will be easy just run a switch off of acc power. You could run a raceland also that has a remote. All of them are about the same.

OP
OP
dth418

dth418

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hmmm.. interesteing. Although i dont want to spend any money this might be the smartest way to go about this. Im also looking for a few cheap mods that will help keep the ol dooodge running well. I just rolled 90000 miles last week