Left turn clunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treefg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought a used 03 2500 hemi, reg cab long bed. basic work truck. Anyway, first thing I did was run it down to the tire shop and had a freind look it over, 1200 later I had a basically new front end with new u joints, shocks, 2 ball joints, etc. it was a logging pickup so I wasn't that surprised. however, I still can't find out what the clunking sound is whenever i turn left and hit a bump, and it is not just a sound. I actually feel a clunk in the floor board. any help would be appreciated. this is my first dodge and otherwise very happy with it, and much better mileage than my old 6.0L GMC.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Welcome to RF, i'm sure someone will chime in to help you soon :)

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome to rf

OP
OP
T

treefg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks to all the replys, With the same action, turning left, I also feel a little grinding in the steering wheel that I don't feel turning right, no sound, just a feel. Trust me, I know what I got into getting a 3/4 ton, and I am not whining, I just want to fix a small problem before it grows into a much larger one

BigH0ss

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Did you check you left blinker fluid?

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Well welcome! Is this a 4x4 machine?

Sent from my liberty x!

OP
OP
T

treefg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is a 4x4, I have replaced the steering stabilizer and added the steering box stabilizer, thinking both sounds might come from there. I have also checked the blinker fluid, greased the air filter, changed the tire gaskets, etc and nothing helps lol.

BigH0ss

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It is a 4x4, I have replaced the steering stabilizer and added the steering box stabilizer, thinking both sounds might come from there. I have also checked the blinker fluid, greased the air filter, changed the tire gaskets, etc and nothing helps lol.

Darn I thought that would be it. Well you got the wheel on tight right? ;)

OP
OP
T

treefg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It has a leveling kit, and yews, all wheels are on tight, steering wheel has zero play and power steering box is locked down tight

Bigtman07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Hmmmmm not sure. Sounds like u joints to me.

Sent from my liberty x!