How to crank torsion bars???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamNooby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 4.7
I remember on a previous thread reading about how instead of getting a lift kit installed on their truck they got a leveling kit and cranked the torsion bars. How would I even go about doing that? Oh and I have a 2002 1500 2wd.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Being a 2wd you will have to do spindles or a spacer. Only the 02-05 4wd 1500's have T-Bars

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
yea since you are 2wd cranking the torsion bars doesn't apply unfortunatley

OP
OP
R

RamNooby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 4.7
Oh damn. Is there anything that I could do on mine that would have the same or a similar effect and lift it a little bit? Like what are spacers and spindles?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
yes you can lift your front end. It's just done differently and you will need to purchase the level kit for a 2wd.

OP
OP
R

RamNooby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 4.7
Yeah I think I am gonna go with a RC 2" leveling kit for the front. What are spacers and spindles though?

ADDCJ

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
The spacer is the leveling kit that you bought, most likely. It goes on the spring making it "taller" therefore lifting the front end. The spindle is the piece where your hub, brakes, and control arms mount to. In a lift spindle application, the spindle would be designed with the hub mounting location lower on the new spindle, and would lift the truck. The spindles are more expensive than the spacer, but usually will ride closer to stock because there hasn't been a spring rate change. A spacer can make the spring rate stiffer, and the ride can change accordingly.

OP
OP
R

RamNooby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 4.7
The spacer is the leveling kit that you bought, most likely. It goes on the spring making it "taller" therefore lifting the front end. The spindle is the piece where your hub, brakes, and control arms mount to. In a lift spindle application, the spindle would be designed with the hub mounting location lower on the new spindle, and would lift the truck. The spindles are more expensive than the spacer, but usually will ride closer to stock because there hasn't been a spring rate change. A spacer can make the spring rate stiffer, and the ride can change accordingly.

Ok that makes sense. Would you recommend one over the other? Or could they work together?

ADDCJ

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Spacer is cheaper. Spindle would ride best. They can work in conjunction with each other for even more lift.