Pocket Flares....what finish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay well I just bought some NIB pocket flares from a guy on DT. Ive been needing them since I got those wider tires, as my rockers are starting to suffer.

Im kinda torn between the look of em though. Painted or the matte plastic? and if I were to pain them, should I leave the bolts chrome or paint em black?

Im leaning towards painted with painted bolts. Im also thinking of running some vinyl underneath them to prevent scuffing. Any tips on installation, ways to prevent the paint rubbing, etc?

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
High gloss to match the paint and leave the bolts. I don't like chrome but on a black truck they would look awesome chrome so they stand out. And if the lugs and center cap are still not painted, it will tie in to the bolts.

BMRbrnSNRbrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 CC Hemi Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like the idea of color matched, chrome bolts, and you could easily do a simple roll on bedliner to protect them. It doesn't have to be perfect since it's going to be dirty most of the time.

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I say paint the flares and leave the bolts silver...if you paint the bolts gloss also, it'll look like the "extend a flare" or whatever it's called from a distance

OP
OP
M

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hmm ill try that. Im not too sure how they attach so we will see depending on that. The only chrome on my truck is the lug nuts and the headlights bowls/foglights.

thanks for the replys guys. I dont know when I will do em because Im working nights all weekend