Upper ball joint question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Replaced my upper arms with ball joints using MOOG. I able to self grease these ball joints which I just got done doing other day. There was no issues all went how it always does. I just notice looking today at them, that on the top part of spindle where the ball joint connects grease is on it so it obviously leaked somewhere. Does that mean these are bad?

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Replaced my upper arms with ball joints using MOOG. I able to self grease these ball joints which I just got done doing other day. There was no issues all went how it always does. I just notice looking today at them, that on the top part of spindle where the ball joint connects grease is on it so it obviously leaked somewhere. Does that mean these are bad?

Not at all. The only thing that holds the grease in is the rubber boot, which isn't sealed at all, so it's normal for them to weep a little. If you get overzealous with the grease, you'll see it actually squirt out of the boot.

OP
OP
E

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok good, I got nervous that they were busted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990