04 Ram 1500 interior lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mccoolsa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just bought my first truck, 2004 1500 5.7L Hemi. It was one owner and well taken care of for the most part (could tell it was someone's baby).

The interior lights do not come on when I open the doors or turn on the switch. The map lights turn on when pressed and the cargo light comes on when the switch is activated and the dash dimmer works perfectly. Can anyone point me in the right direction from where to go from here?

I'm typically pretty handy with most general repairs on vehicles. I've replaced alternators and A/C systems on our other vehicles in the past and have already done an oil change and brake replacement on the Ram. That said, I've been fortunate enough to not have to battle with anything electrical in the past.

Thanks in advance

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Check fuses and make sure power is getting to the light bulb connections

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Drv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well had that issue on another vehicle.. like a above check with a simple test light whether your getting juice if no juice then start at fuses then at the door actuators ... In my instance it was the actuators they were stuck in position not allowing the circuit to close .. last but least the switch itself

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
Wouldn't hurt to check the wires between the doors and cab. Pull the rubber boot off and check the wires for breaks and connectors for continuity.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007