06 Climate Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Hey guys..

I have a nussiance problem on my 3500 I hope someone can help with.

I have dual zone climate control, and it seems my fan control doesn't have the lowest setting anymore. We usually leave the heat on the lowest setting while traveling in the winter, but it won't trigger the fan anymore.

Can I spray some contact cleaner in there, or will I break something?

Is there any other ways to resolve this? I'm assuming the dealer would want a thick stack of bills to fix it.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Wish I knew on this one, bumping it for someone with the dual zone

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Sounds like the blower motor resistor is going out

OP
OP
Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Just a quick followup, its a SIMPLE FIX!! If you can turn a screwdriver, you can fix it...

The part (Blower Motor Resister per TXBass06) was $100 from the dealer... You stick your head in the passenger foot-well and look at the dash from below.. there's a plug/cords sticking out of the heater ducting. Remove the plug, remove the philips bolts, pull the part out, replace with the part from the dealer and plug it back in after bolting it up to the heater duct.

10 minutes, max. Should never have left it 6 flippin' months.

Last edited:

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
$100? Wow. I paid for one for the old lady's Jeep when hers went out and it was $22 at Advance Auto. Is it huge or something for the Ram?

OP
OP
Cthulhu

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
No I think its the same part mostly... I'm in Canada, so everything costs more up here with the import taxes and everything... I checked a couple of sites and I could have ordered one online, but it was one of those things, I was sick of it not working, I was on the road, and just decided f*ck it, get me the damned part...