blend door actuator motor replace

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

47 clipper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 desiel
Hey guys have a question. My heater core went out and i have been having issues with blend doors on my hvac box.It getting cold again so i decided to bite the bullet, clear my schedule and jump in with all fours. What an mess !!! just hope i can remember how to put it all back. Removed complete dash and pulled hvac box out all but two of my blend doors were broken so i replaced them all the heater core and while i was at it the ac evaporator core. don't want to do this again. Ok the question when i reinstall the actuator motors how do i know what position on the rotation to blender door goes. they were pretty much spinning free. so i have no reference. i dont want to spin a door too far and strip or break the mount or stop. Any help?????

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Welcome to RF.

Someone should chime in shortly

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dont know if you got it fixed yet or not, but I remember when I did mine the actuators really only fit on there one way because of the screw holes. And I knew I had it previously set to full cold so I moved the doors to that postion. If you dont know what you had the temperature set to before, I would hook everything back up so you have power to the actuators, then with the actuators uninstalled, set them to a position that you know and hook them up. hope that makes sense

OP
OP

47 clipper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 desiel
thanks for the reply. that is what i was thinking the only problem was the the doors had spun.meaning the doors were freely spinning on their axels. i had to replace almost all doors with the exception of the blenders, so i just replace all of them. With out getting too technical into the sinerios that could have gone wronge. i found a link some where as to the electronics sencing the change in load when the door reaches the end of its cycle and shuts off the power. And as you said that the conectors are limited as to their rotation on the axels. So to make this long story a little shorter. i took a leap of faith in the controle module and I just hooked everything up and put it all back togather. after hooking up the power I tested all the different adjustment settings. and guess what they all worked .Praise the Lord!!!
Thanks again for your input. :33:

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad you got it! Thats pretty much what I did, just somewhat guessed and hoped it worked lol. Thats cool that they actually sense the load and stop, I didnt know that

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963