Bulging Seat Cushion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hooker52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l V8 Magnum
Hey guys, quick question.

So my drivers seat has lost its form and seems to bulge. I'm assuming that the leather stock cover has broken loose from however it is normally held down to hold form. And thats my question, is there velcro or hooks or how does the seat cover hold its form? From what I've seen online, it looks like there are velcro strips, but I want to confirm this.

Secondly, how easy is it to remove these covers to reattach or repair this? Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Thanks.

wp000272.jpg

OP
OP
Hooker52

Hooker52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l V8 Magnum
Never mind, just found a good run down of how to remove the seat covers so I will do this and take a look! I will leave this thread up for anyone else searching.....

"1st. Needed to take the two nuts off the bottom of the seat near the front, loosing the seat from the seat frame believe it took 1/2" socket.

2nd. Once the nuts are off and seat is loose enough to be moved up and down, you will be able to unhook the front of the seat cover, I found this is the easiest way to start, the way the seat cover is attached to the frame is black plastic clip that slides on lip on the frame, just push it off the frame clip while pushing down on the front seat to give slack on the material.

3rd. The two sides are just as easy, you need to remove the recline handle which is just a phillips head screw (I dont have power seats but I imagine there isnt much more than this). Then you can push on the side reach up under the seat and pop the two clips loose.

4th. The seat cover will then pull back out of the way exposing the foam."

Last edited:

OD Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
What covers are those? They look quite good.

Hollabakzach23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The easiest fix is gonna be to just unbolt em, ill PM you my address and ill handle disposing them for ya ;) just kidding! Glad ya got it figured out though!

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Post up a pic of what you find under there. Wonder if its that metal bar that has cut the foam and piled it up on the side.