Confusion regarding interior (dash/dome/nap/mpg/odo/hvac/4x4) LED mod.l, 2006 SLT 150

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparftw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright, so, my first post here outside of intro one (I think. I'll have to check with my gf, since she remembers everything I don't...), it's a rather confusing situation for me.

I want to upgrade the interior lights, ALL of them, including a few additions of my own (which this question doesn't regard), but here's the kicker: I want purple, not blue. I have done extensive reading on this the last few days, and I just can't figure out why everyone does blue. Is it just easier? Unless I'm missing something, I should be able to get purple LEDs, purple RoscoLux, and have a purple interior. What am I missing?

Granted, I have yet to tear apart my dash, but that's because I'm waiting to get a better understanding so I can order some lights and not have my truck torn down for a month.

Also, I'm getting mixed messages as to what bulb size goes where, and seeing people indicate PN's that come up blank for me, either altogether or more commonly, purple/UV.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Looking forward to posting more build stuff along the way :)

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
I have blue but that's only because I like blue. It should be the same work regardless of the color.

OP
OP
Moparftw

Moparftw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Then why is it I'm seeing so many comments saying that it won't work with anything other than blue? Is that just because of the blue film? Maybe I'm just an idiot, quite possible

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I don't know what comments you're reading, but purple can be done all day long - no problem.

derekp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1990 5.9 Cummins
Then why is it I'm seeing so many comments saying that it won't work with anything other than blue? Is that just because of the blue film? Maybe I'm just an idiot, quite possible

I've seen blue, red, white, yellow, orange, and green done all the same way. Never have seen purple but it is the exact same process.

OP
OP
Moparftw

Moparftw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've seen blue, red, white, yellow, orange, and green done all the same way. Never have seen purple but it is the exact same process.
Ok, awesome! That's great news on two counts, being the first to do something, or at least that anyone knows about lol. I just think the purple will look so good against slate gray interior.

If I run in to anything unexpected with the coloring I'll make a post about it.

I'm struggling to find the right bulbs in purple/UV, any ideas?