Did a little upgrade mod.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemitom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A few weeks ago I did a little upgrade to my SLT sport that a lot of the other models have as standard.

Back in 2005/06 when my father was still working at Chrysler he was able to get me an auto Dimming mirror for the plant. it was the mirror and the wire harness. at that time I didn't know nothing about my truck so i was afraid that id have to tear the truck apart to find the other harness to connect it to. apparently where i thought it was had a different plug.(couldn't find the mate to the connector,thinking i was going to have to cut and splice it to work)

so fast forward to Sept/Oct 2011 I got messing with the truck and decided to dig into it and find the harness. well i thought it was located on the right a-post (that's why i never attempted to dig into it,see above)

anyway with a service manual and the computer with the 04 manual saved i was able to trace where the connector was.

after taking the covers off both A-pillars,Visors and the overhead console I was able to find the connector taped above the headliner. so I mounted the mirror and connected it and it worked. come to find out I didn't need the harness that came with the mirror.

the lessons learned... most likely the wires are already there,don't be afraid to take your truck apart, and do your homework before you start.

So now my Truck has the auto dimming rear view mirror.

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's awesome. I always wanted one of those, makes me wanna see if I got that wiring too. :)

OP
OP
Hemitom

Hemitom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just make sure the mirror has the I think 5 wire plug on the back. actually it only uses 3 wires. I also think all of them should work from 2002 and up, not 100% sure though.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
This is a must have IMO glad it worked out for you!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
nice work. My truck came with it, but with the tint on my back window its not needed much....LOL

The_ocho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the lessons learned... most likely the wires are already there,don't be afraid to take your truck apart, and do your homework before you start.

Just wanted to add, If your truck didn't come with an option but others did, the wires are there. They are just hidden somewhere. They are not going to cut and make a Special wire hardness for each individual truck or car. Its all the same they just use what they need when they put it together.

OP
OP
Hemitom

Hemitom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wanted to add, If your truck didn't come with an option but others did, the wires are there. They are just hidden somewhere. They are not going to cut and make a Special wire hardness for each individual truck or car. Its all the same they just use what they need when they put it together.

that is true in some cases...but i do know that if the have a base model Ram ST/SXT some times the wires arn't there. its a totally different harness. I just found out that because a friend just replaced the headliner in his 05 ST work truck and there wasn't a harness there...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963