Floor console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FlaglerMegacab4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys I got a mega cab and it has the mini floor console however it has no courtesy light for the console. Is there anyway I could put a factory one in or rig something up so I have some light down there lol

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have seen some guys put little led strips down there

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I searched the site, and most are tapping into the headlight switch wire, so when your lights are on, it is on

MegaCab1Ton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Hey guys I got a mega cab and it has the mini floor console however it has no courtesy light for the console. Is there anyway I could put a factory one in or rig something up so I have some light down there lol

Are you sure your truck doesn't have one? I'm a new '06 Mega Cab owner and when I pulled the dash apart to replace the HVAC light bulbs a week ago, I discovered there was a burned out lightbulb that lights the floor console. T37 bulb if I recall correctly (tiny oblong bulb about 1/4 inch long and 1/8 inch in diameter). It is tucked up in a little hole above the floor console.

I like the light but it is almost distracting at times. This particular light is not on the same circuit as the dash lights so it can't be dimmed. If the headlights are on, the light is on. I'm thinking I may install a small rocker switch so I can turn it on and off. Who knows, maybe it will grow on me as I drive the truck more...I'm still trying to get used to everything since I've always owned Chevy trucks until this one.

OP
OP
FlaglerMegacab4x4

FlaglerMegacab4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you could post a pic for me that would be great. But I'm fairly certain I don't have the harness for the light but maybe I'm just missing something.

MegaCab1Ton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Here is a photo of my console. I'm pointing at where the light is located. The other photo is looking up towards the light (you can see the front of the heater/AC control knobs above the opening). Does this help?

Attachments

• IMG_1686.jpg
    IMG_1686.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 999
  • IMG_1690.JPG
    IMG_1690.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 98