Interior Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdharvey89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an '03 1500 Laramie. Today I replaced the exterior cab lights with smoked ones. Everything went fine except when I was putting all the trim back together. Before I went to mount the passenger visor back up I checked and the visor light worked. After I screwed it in, I noticed the light went out. I figured I nicked the wire, but when I did a quick check it look like I had not, I may have missed something so it could be a cut wire. I said screw it for the time being and put the rest of the trim back together. After I got it all back together, then I noticed the interior cab lights and the other visor lights were not working. Looking at the wiring, and I could be wrong, it did not look like they were all on the same wiring. I went under the hood and checked the interior lighting fuse, but it is not blown. Does anyone know if they are on the same wiring? If so, how come, if I did indeed cut that wire, they all went out? Any suggestions on further troubleshooting?

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You will have to either add a resistor to the circuit, or live with it. The power draw is very minimal so it shouldn't run your battery down over night, or a few days, as long as your battery is good.

cyclepuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 Mega
Engine
I had the same issue so I bought LEDs with built in resistors. Often called error free or canbus led.

OP
OP
C

cdharvey89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't been on this thread in a while because I fell 3 stories breaking my neck and destroying my arm haven't had time to work on anything. I have tried to put regular bulbs in and it still doesn't work. I did a continuity check on every fuse and none are blown. I guess from here I should just trace out wire via electrical diagram?