new HVAC bulbs??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coolbikeguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
hey guys how can i replace the bulbs behind my HVAC controls ??? they are very dim ... if i want to switch from defrost to feet i have to turn on the overheads to see the controls.... same goes for the temp control. are there brighter bulbs available ?? LED's maybe i can use without mods ?? thanks guys, scott

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Hmm sounds more like the dimmer control may be going out. Those lights are extremely bright and when they do go out they go completely out.

chedched

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Is it brighter on one side? There are three bulbs back there and they don't all go at the same time. If you replace them with OEM Mopar bulbs, you will not have a hard time seeing in the dark.

Don't waste your time, replace all three even if one (or two) is still working.

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
I added three blue LED lights to my HVAC as I am going to convert my interior over to blue LED. For me, it was just a matter of popping out the three bulbs in the back and getting the polarity right for the three new LEDs and that was it.

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
To get to the back of the controls involves removing the center console area, goes from the the radio deck down to the carpet.

Not sure about a 2004 but I had two screws holding mine in from the fold up cup holder.

chedched

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My 2005 had one screw behind the garbage bag hook. After that is out it's a matter of pulling to trim panel off. Careful as there are wires that attach to everything and you don't want to pull those too hard.