Replacing instrument cluster/gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kkollo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Hello all! I've posted on here before about my 02 dodge ram that caught fire. The cab was burnt up from the font seats back everything else is fine. The dome lighting circuit and courtesy lighting circuit burnt up. My question to u al is... I am now have a few electrical issues... Gauges don't work, power locks don't, turn signals don't, heater works, power windows work. I think my instrument panel is fried... Ps..my truck still drives and runs fine. By disconnecting the intrument panel will my truck no longer run?

nim81

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
from what i remember when i took my gauge cluster out, the truck would not start

OP
OP
K

Kkollo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Ok thank u! Anyone else?! Help! What engine critical component run thru the dash clearly it run but could I be experiencing certain sensors and ecu components not working and not know? Theoretically do I need instrument cluster??!

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Have you checked all of your fuses? It's possible that the fire burnt through a wire and caused it to short out; possibly popping some fuses.

OP
OP
K

Kkollo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Yup checked them all after the fire had four burnt out (courtesy lamp, rear brake lights gauge cluster n something else) because of how that truck is wired the interior lighting circuit is ungound oem( grounded through the instrument cluster I assume) well when the fire melted it attached that 12v constant to everything and sent it right back to the gauge cluster. Soooo... New cluster it looks like