Seat Cover Replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
So as many of you know... our 3rd gens are getting older and are wearing out in some places. Mine in particular is my drivers side seat cover as my 5'9" self gets in and out of my much taller than me truck and I have worn a hole in the seat covering. It has unfortunately gotten too big to just sew up...

Does anyone know where I can get a factory replacement? I don't want to go to the dealer and spend half a fortune. I have the grey cloth seats if that helps anyone.

Any help would be much appreciated!

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm going to be in the same boat soon with mine too LOL The driver side is wearing thin on the side, basically where you slide your butt out of the seat. It's just a matter of time before it turns into a hole. I'm not sure where to get a replacement either. When the time comes, I am going to try a local auto upholstery shop and see if they have access to factory covers.

Manutea

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have the same issue here.
Was actually thinking about getting custom leather seats :)

OP
OP
USMC1188

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Yea... that's the issue... I can't find ANYTHING online, and I really don't want to spend the money for something custom, as I am alright with what I have now.

ZakkBaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Haha, Ive got the same issue. 6'1" and sits just high enough where I can slide in and out, and its wearing on the left seam. Sounds about where y'alls issue is too. Gotta sew mine up before it gets bigger, or attempt to lol.

Think a craigslist find, part out, or junkyard find would be worth it??

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I need to replace the top of the arm rest, it's cracked pretty bad from where you rest your elbow

OP
OP
USMC1188

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
They only have leather though.... I have cloth seats

krakaman24

2018 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
I have the exact same issue with my seats. Outer edge has a pretty decent hole in it. I purchased some vehicle specific seat covers for a pretty decent penny. I've had them a couple months and like them so far. Would much rather had the hole repaired. I owned a Grand Cherokee years ago with leather seats and I had worn holes in them. I was at the dealer ordering some parts and asked about seat cover replacement. The parts guy flat out told me it was crazy to do as it would cost somewhere near a grand just for one seat.

I planned on going to a local upholstery shop but sold the thing instead. I don't think an upholstery shop would be able to get factory covers as they would probably run into the same issue I did. They could probably make something similar for a decent price.

HEMIBjörn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you are talking about the actual cover that goes right over the foam... I have the same issue, but I wouldn't mind having aftermarket stuff as long as it's quality and fits alright. I haven't found anything yet...
Two things that suck inside our trucks one of them is plastic and the other seats. Comfy, but don't last a crap.

MegaMouseGW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
SRT 10 Viper Motor and Tranny
Shoot I got a set of new seat covers made for my truck a while ago (the grey seats just did not do it for me) from a local Upholstery shop. Changed from the ugly grey to a very nice black and charcoal for a bit over $1300 total. Yes it was a bit expensive, but got a great warranty and the material is much better than stock.

Bourne2Shoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
This has been an issue with Petty much all of the Dodge trucks.

I am planning on swapping out my 3 gen seats with 4th gen seats when mine wears out.

I like the 4th gen seats better any way