Seat Mechanism

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAKSY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
My 2007 is a used Utility Company truck & while the maintenance for keeping it running was pretty good, the interior took a beating. Screws into the dashboard for mounting a microphone, heater shroud under the passenger side looks like it was kicked HARD with a steel-toed boot ($215!) & enough electronics to be what looks like a Flux Capacitor behind the driver's seat.. What drives me nuts is the passenger seat . The handle for the recline mechanism was missing when I got the truck, so I got a replacement when I picked up the heater shroud. When I installed it, I found out why it was missing. The first time I used the release the seat back leaned all the way forward, but I struggled to get the seat back to lock into any upright position. The only place it would lock was fully reclined. Somehow I got lucky & it locked in a comfortably upright position. Unfortunately, I neglected to mention the problem to the wife & she released it. Once again, I had to frig with it to get it to lock..Is there a way to repair this without pulling the entire seat assembly out of the cab? The mechanism seems to be cable actuated, but it's a little tough to diagnose without a schematic of the seat. Anybody got any insight into repairing this situation? Thanks.