Adding HP and Torque

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ezell500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey everybody,
So I have a 2003 1500 with the 4.7 l motor. I am wondering what I could do to increase HP and Torgue? I just installed a spectre cold air intake this past week.

bulrid8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tuner is the best bet

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

KuntRRyBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Swap out to a 08 intake, CAI, headers, full exhaust and then get a tuner. You will not get the full potential of tuner with a all stock truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramx2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CAI,powerwire,180 T-stat,readjust tps to between 70-75,replace ALL fluids to Royal Purple,istall a E-fan,

OP
OP
E

Ezell500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok question about the LSD. Where the freak can I buy one. All the parts houses say they cant order them and then for the 2008 intake manifold they also say they cant order it for me. SO with that said where in the world can i order one from.

KuntRRyBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Best bet or performance on a 4.7 is to skip the motor upgrades and go straight for the gear and tq converter. They are by far the best bang for buck mods you can buy for the 4.7 trucks.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Best bet or performance on a 4.7 is to skip the motor upgrades and go straight for the gear and tq converter. They are by far the best bang for buck mods you can buy for the 4.7 trucks.

Then tuner. Gets more expensive and PITA from there other than the newer intake manifold. Does anyone even make headers for the 4.7 trucks?

KuntRRyBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Then tuner. Gets more expensive and PITA from there other than the newer intake manifold. Does anyone even make headers for the 4.7 trucks?

Flowtech and jba, all which can be found by searching the forum or google.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Flowtech and jba, all which can be found by searching the forum or google.

I don't really care lol, I have pacesetters (I have a hemi), it was more of an out loud curiosity question. Don't throw the whole do a search answer at me with your 36 posts lol :flipthebird:

ST-8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Like stated don't waste your money on performance for the 4.7. It's expensive an will still be disappointing.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Like stated don't waste your money on performance for the 4.7. It's expensive an will still be disappointing.

Expensive yes. I would do it if I had one just because I'm a stubborn ******* lol. Though I'd probably do like the guy on DT and drop the Eaton on it.

Last edited:

KuntRRyBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't really care lol, I have pacesetters (I have a hemi), it was more of an out loud curiosity question. Don't throw the whole do a search answer at me with your 36 posts lol :flipthebird:

36 or none, still a valid point.

Ramther

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 4.7
Where would be the best place to pick up the gears and tq converter? I have looked at gears and I'm going with the 4.56, but contemplating if the installation kit is required or recommended. Any ideas?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Where would be the best place to pick up the gears and tq converter? I have looked at gears and I'm going with the 4.56, but contemplating if the installation kit is required or recommended. Any ideas?

TC go with Edge or Circle D, both make awesome TC's for the RFE. I only went with Circle D because I was offered a significant military discount with them. Let them know your combo, intended future mods and intended use for the truck and they'll recommend one. I'll let someone else recommend on where to get gears (I have factory gears), but I will say if you don't have the know how and special tools required, it's better to take them to a knowledgeable shop for install. If you don't have one (or if yours is on it's way out) now would be a good time to get an LSD and have that thrown in at the same time.