Questions about an engine rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muppetz3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys,
I did some searching but not have much luck so I have a few questions.

I am looking to get a ram again, I really miss my 04.

Looking for the older ones and a lot of them have high miles, I really want to push some HP out of this motor 500ish if I can.

My question is how much would a normal price to rebuild a 5.7 hemi be, with some mods.

If it is 3-4g it might be better for me to find a cheap ram with really high miles and rebuild it instead of trying to find a lower mileage one.

Thoughts, suggestions? I would have to have the shop pull the motor too since I don't have any of the tools for it.

smokedya

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 1500 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well I don't know a ton about mopars.... But what I do know is they are the most to build out of the 3. Are you wanting that 500 to the wheels,or at the crank? I can almost bet that your price range isn't going to be feisable to meet,espically having a shop do it. But bang for the buck I bet it will be a typical H/C/I exhaust tunner and a power adder of some sort.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Do you want 500 to the ground or at the crank? Also is it going to be a 2wd or 4x4 truck? We just made 505 rwhp and 475 trq to the ground last night in a healthy 426 Chally which run alot less drive train loss. Are you looking to do a rebuild yourself or have a shop do it? Prices are going to be all over the place, also need to have supporting mods for that kinda power.